Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Beatin' The Heat

We've been pretty lucky to have a relatively mild summer.  We've been able to spend more time outside (besides swimming and at the splash pad) than we usually do during this time of year. We've gone on lots of wagon rides and bike rides.  Beckett is really good at riding his bike and the whole time he's riding, he yells, "I'm doing a GREAT job mom!"
 We usually finish our wagon rides with popsicles.
 We've spent lots of time at the park too.
I just can't believe how big Griff's getting.  He looks so grown up using all the playground equipment. The boys love to teeter totter together.
We've tried to spend a little time with the boys one on one.  Ned and Gena had Beckett over for the night so we took advantage of spending a little alone time with Griff. I love his sweet smile and funny personality. Beckett can be a little loud and dominating sometimes so it's nice to take advantage of time just with Griffin.
One night we let Beckett stay up late and make cookies with us.  Then we played Chutes and Ladders while the cookies baked.
Apparently the mixer was a little loud for Beckett.
This was his first time licking the beaters.  A rite of passage into childhood right? He loved it!
Griff is at such a fun but yet hard age.  He's exploring everything and he gets into all kinds of trouble because of it.  He climbed in this chair the other day and then couldn't get out.
 And he fell in the ball bucket and couldn't get out.
He gets into everything and is quite the mess maker, but it's so fun to watch him learn, grow and develop.
And of course, we've spent lots of time with cousins and swimming in Ned and Gena's pool.
I'm so grateful everyday that I have this amazing man by my side.  I didn't know when I said yes over 6 years ago how lucky I really was and how awesome he really was. And as an added bonus, he always likes to match his tie with what I'm wearing on Sunday.  I usually make fun of him, but it's pretty cute to see him picking out ties that would look good with what I'm wearing or with what the boys are wearing. Life is good.

No comments: