Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference Weekend

Tagg's parents are in Utah right now. We spent the weekend with them in Salt Lake. It was such a fun weekend. We went to the Saturday afternoon session of Conference at the Conference center. It was a really good session. They all are though. Then, Saturday night while the boys were all at Priesthood, Gena, Amanda and I did crafts! It was such a great time. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures at all this weekend. Kind of a bummer. Today we were able to also go the the afternoon session of conference. I just wanted to post a few pics of the things I made last night. I am very proud of them. This weekend has reaffirmed how much I really want a Cricut. You can do anything with those machines. Well, not really, but you can do a lot. If you don't know what a Cricut is you should google it. Provo Craft makes them and they are incredible. I cut out all of the vinal sayings to make my projects.
Here is the first thing I made. You can't really see it too well, but I was able to etch our name into the bottom of the pan. It says Petersen with a heart. Hopefully I will never loose my pans!
I made this for Tagg to commemorate the one year anniversary since we got engaged. I cut out the vinal lettering this weekend though and put it on tonight. It says "Together the best place to be"And this is what I am the most proud of! I cut out all of those letters and stuck them on the tile. I think I got them all pretty even as well. Espeically for how many letters there are in this saying. I grew up with this quote in my house and it has definitely stuck with me. Thanks Mom and Dad!

And here are just a few random pictures I took a few weeks ago of me and my niece Eden. She is such a doll!

2 comments:

Mom said...

O.K. Katie - I'm going to see if this works to let me leave a comment. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I am SO jealous! Conference, crafting and time with Derek's kids - what could be more fun! Love you sweetie. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Mom

Mom said...

Woo Hoo! It worked!