Valentine’s Day was pretty low key this year. I told Tagg I wanted to plan it. I knew the weather was supposed to really nice so I wanted to do something outside. I decided a picnic would be perfect because then we wouldn’t have to fight crowds at a restaurant and we could save a little money too! When Tagg got home from work I had everything ready to go and in the car. I made him close his eyes the whole way to the park so he would be a little more surprised. When we got there I got everything set up and we had a yummy dinner. I brought some games and a football to play catch, but it was a little too dark so we watched part of a movie after dinner instead. It was so fun and relaxing. I’m glad the weather has warmed up this week after all our ice days the past few weeks. It’s been in the 70’s this whole week I think. I’m so grateful that I have Tagg. This is our 4th Valentine’s Day together! They just get better every year. I love him so much and I am so lucky I have such a supportive husband that helps me get through life everyday.
My mom’s 60th birthday was on February 5th. Tagg and I went down to “surprise” her. The beans were actually spilled before we got there, but she acted REALLY surprised to see us. Thanks Mom! It was a quick trip but we had a lot of fun. It is nice to be close enough that going down for a weekend is doable. I love my mom so much and I’m so lucky to have her! She has taught me so much throughout my life and I hope I can be as good a mom to my little ones as she is to me. I made her a 3 layer chocolate cake for her birthday. It was so delicious. My sister and I decided to put 60 candles on it and even a few trick ones. It was so funny watching her blow them out. She did pretty good if you ask me. Watch the video below if you want a good laugh. (no video until I figure out how to post it)
As far as the baby goes, things are going well I guess. He is constantly moving which I am so thankful for. I went to the doctor yesterday (Tuesday) and did the diabetes test. Supposedly they think I have gestational diabetes but I’m not sure I believe them yet. I mean, it was the day after Valentine’s day and my blood sugar level was only two points over! I’m going to talk to my doctor on Sunday and see what he says. (He wasn't at church today! I have another appointment this week though) He was out of town when I went yesterday so I only met with the nurse. They want me to set up an appointment with a dietitian. I guess I will keep you posted on that as I find out more details.
5 comments:
So glad things are going well for you! It looks like you are having fun and enjoying life down there in Zion. By the way, your mom's cake with all the candles was awesome. Love you Mag!
Look how cute you are! That looks like a super fun Valentine's day. I'm glad you are close enough to see your parents every now and then. That's so nice. I'm glad too that things are going well with the baby. You look darling and I'm glad you did an other post. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to.
One. I love that Tagg is wearing a hoodie that says BYU. That makes me so happy and brings so many warm memories to my heart. Two. I love birthdays. I wish I could have eaten a piece of that chocolate cake.
Three. There is a girl in my ward with the positive diabetes thing. Don't worry. It goes away after your pregnancy and you only have to poke yourself four times a day... oh and your diet sucks with no fun food. I will pray you don't have it.
Four. Those cheetos look so yummy.
Five. I miss and love you!!!
a picnic is such a good date idea. haven't tried that one yet. I couldn't help but notice the bbq sauce and other yummy foods in your picture. makes me miss home
p.s. you look so beautiful!
Post a Comment