Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas

We had such a fun December this year!  It gets more fun the older Beckett gets. We got the house all decorated for Christmas and this is the first year ALL of our stockings hung together. I finally finished Zach's and my stockings.  I was a little upset after I finished Zach's thinking about all the work I put into it when it will never get used.  Tagg decided we should write a letter every year and put it in his stocking.  I think in future years we will go one step further and buy a toy for a boy that would be Zach's age and donate it to someone in need.
Beckett helped with the decorating too.  Seriously, all I want for Christmas is this cutie!
 We raked all the leaves and Beckett had fun playing in them. By the time we were finished we had 2 trash cans and 11 bags full of leaves!
 Beckett has started exploring things more which led to him getting stuck in this little chair.
Beckett once again got into the pantry and this time spilled the pretzels everywhere.
Beckett also discovered the joys of time out.  He is slowly getting better at not screaming and not hitting.  Very slowly though.
One fun thing we did this year was have breakfast with Santa cow.  Tagg found out Chick-fil-a was hosting a breakfast that included a craft and hayride for the kids.  We took Beckett and it ended up being a lot of fun.  
Beckett saw Santa twice and both times was pretty unimpressed.  The first time he saw him was at our ward Christmas party.  Beckett totally gave Santa the stare down.  All the other kids were screaming and crying and Beckett just stared at him.  Everyone was laughing at Beckett's funny reaction.
Tagg's aunt and uncle were in town for a day and we were able to get together for a fun lunch.
 We drove around one night and looked at all the Christmas lights.  Beckett was in Heaven seeing all the "nighs" (lights).
 We spent Christmas in San Antonio this year.  Beckett LOVED my dad's train from when he was a little boy.
We had a fun Christmas with my parents, and both of my sisters.  Unfortunately my brother wasn't able to be there with his kids and we definitely missed them!  There was still a houseful of people and plenty of fun to be had. We had a great Christmas Eve with fondue dinner, a talent show, testimony sharing, the Christmas story, and the traditional reading of  "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"by my dad.
Christmas morning.  Thanks mom for photo bombing this picture!
A few of my favorite presents are below:
Beckett woke up throwing up on Christmas morning, so he did a lot of this on Christmas.  He was still in pretty good spirits even though he was sick.  
 The cool car Santa brought for all the grandkids to play with.  Almost as cool as the Dr. Pepper car my grandparents had when I was little.
 I was sick the day after Christmas with the same bug that Beckett had.  It was no fun, but it was so nice to have other people around to take care of Beckett!  We did a lot of lounging, watching movies, and playing games during the week between Christmas and New Years.  Beckett enjoyed playing with all of his cars.
 All the kiddos ready to go ice skating in Fredricksburg.  This trip ended up being a huge bust.  We drove an hour to get there and then the people who ran the rink decided to close it that day.  Lame, but we still had fun walking around the different shops in Fredricksburg.
We had a great New Year's Eve also.  We had a great time playing Minute to Win it games.  We slowly changed the clocks so the kids thought they were staying up until midnight, but really they brought in the New Year with everyone in Halifax, Canada. Then, the adults stayed up and partied on.  
I have to be honest, I'm happy to see 2012 go.  Overall, it was an okay year, but I'm really hoping that 2013 will bring more happiness and good luck! 
By the end of our trip, Beckett was ready to get home.  Having 11 people under the same roof got a little hard on him after the first week. There were more melt downs and more screaming towards the end of our trip, but we are thankful we were able to spend so much time together with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
We hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas and that 2013 is starting off to be a great year!

6 comments:

Lynette Williams said...

My vote for one of the best Christmas's EVER!!!! Loved spending it with you.

Lynn DeAngelis said...

I love McK's picture! I'm Skyping with them in a little bit, and I'm going to ask her when she got her pilot's license! Haha. Hope you guys have a BLAST!!

Dave and Riss said...

We hung up a stocking for our little David too. We like to think that he was such a precious and valuable servant that Heavenly Father needed to keep him for the most special service projects. So we hung his up at the beginning of the month and placed little pieces of paper describing service we had rendered to someone else, no matter if it was big or small. It helped us feel close to our precious child by serving some of Heavenly Father's other children and by kind of doing what he does. I also have dreams of my future little ones being extra nice to each other for the month so they can write notes for the stocking (we will see if that really happens). I really like your idea of buying a toy for a little boy the same age though. I think we will adopt that one. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun Christmas! I'm sorry that you guys got hit by sickness. It's definitely going around all over the place. Looks like you had a great holiday though! We missed being with you guys but I'm so glad to see these pictures. Looks like Beckett had a lot of fun. I love your idea for Zach's stocking...I'm sure having his stocking hung is bittersweet but what a special tradition you can have in your family. We love you guys!

Unknown said...

That last comment was from Amanda...I'm logged in as Tucker :)

amberdat said...

What a bummer that you guys were sick on Christmas!! My sister in law's family were all throwing up Christmas eve- new year's day. What a bad time to be sick. I am so glad you were all ok though! Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Isn't having a curious little one around so much fun?? They get into everything. Your stockings are so amazing. I love them!!