Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Grandma's Funeral

We went to Utah for a week and a half for my Grandma's funeral.  I was so glad we were able to go.  My whole family was there except for my sister's husband Brock since he is a professor and couldn't get away for the week.  We got to see my Aunt's kids as well who I rarely get to see so it was a great little reunion. My grandma was one of the first women to join the marines back during WW2.  She was given full military honors at her funeral which was pretty amazing.  I mean, how many almost 92 year old women receive full military honors?  The men who performed the honors were Box Elder County Veterans who didn't know my grandma, but they were all teary as the gun salute was done, taps was played and they folded the flag. I am so lucky to have the heritage and legacy that my grandma has left behind.  
Beckett preparing for our freezing trip to Utah by wearing Tagg's hat.
Beckett did great on the plane.
Looking at photos albums from when my dad was a kid.
 My grandma's Utah State Sweater.  My grandpa was the athletic director at Utah State and my grandma still had season tickets to the football games up until she passed away.
I love this picture of my dad with Soren.  What a sweet moment captured.
My grandma had TONS of fun costume jewelry.  After the viewing all the ladies got to pick out what they wanted.
 My sweet little guy at the viewing.  Notice he has a truck in his hand.
 All of my grandkids so far...
 My siblings and my cousins. Chris, Jami, Derek, Josh, Jessica, Megan, me.
The graveside service.  Zach is buried right by my grandma and grandpa.  It's nice to know he's close to them both.
The view from the cemetery.  There was SO much snow.
We had to dig for a while before we found and uncovered Zach's grave.
The view of us kneeling by Zach's grave and my grandma's casket behind us..  Zach's grave was originally under that huge pile of snow.
 I love this picture of my grandpa looking at Beckett.  He's the only grandparent I have left.
 And of course no trip to Utah is complete without a trip to Fredricos.  Yummy!
We were able to spend a few days in Logan and in Fielding visiting with Tagg's and my extended family after the funeral.  Here's Beckett playing with a bunch of cars at Grandma and Grandpa Pete's house.
I'm not sure which of these boys had more fun playing with all the tractors Tagg's Aunt Cindy had at her house.
 This little monster climbed out of his crib one morning.  Tagg came out of the bathroom and Beckett came running down the hall towards him.  He was so proud of himself.
We spent one morning looking through scrapbooks and I found this cute picture of Tagg as a baby.  What a cutie!
We had a long layover on our flight home.  Beckett had fun looking at all the trucks and planes.  He even made a friend.
We had a great trip and I'm so happy we were able to go but it's nice to be home now and enjoy some warm weather and no snow!

3 comments:

McKenna said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip filled with family and good memories! I so wish we could have seen you guys but it just wasn't in the cards this time. Beckett is adorable and I love that he has cars with him pretty much all the time.

The Wood Garden said...

Brooks and Brandon still get out the tractors on occasion. At that point, I know we are going to be there a while. So sorry we missed you on your visit. Hope to see you guys sooner than later.

amberdat said...

what a special week!! and you got to see little zach. that picture is so cute. i miss logan... and fredrico's!! so jealous you got to eat there.