There were a few days after Beckett was sick and while Tagg was in Chicago that were non stop tantrums from Beckett. It was so frustrating because I tried everything and nothing worked! And I'm not just talking about a few screams and cries. Some of his tantrums went on for more than 2 hours and I couldn't calm him down. It was rough. Especially when Tagg was gone. I cried and prayed a lot. The hardest thing was that I didn't even know what the problem was or what would set him off. Plus, when Tagg was around and Beckett would start throwing a tantrum all Tagg had to do was say, "Beckett, stop!" and he would stop. When I would say anything Beckett would just hit me or scream more. So frustrating! At this same time Beckett was going through a hitting phase were he would hit all the time. I tried everything to stop that too! I tried being nice, I tried time out, I tried spanking him, etc, etc, etc. I think the thing that finally worked was putting him in time out on my lap and just holding his arms together tightly for a few minutes while saying over and over again, "You don't hit! Hitting isn't nice." He hasn't been hitting recently so I'm hoping we've solved that problem. Beckett still has his moments, but I'm so glad that he hasn't had a huge meltdown for a few weeks now! He has actually been the sweetest, happiest little boy recently which has been such a nice change!
![]() |
| Beckett and his cute little friend Hailyn |
We've had some nice weather so we've spent more time outside and at the playground.
Pictures of sick little Beckett. He looked like this all week.
Beckett was eating breakfast and somehow managed to get his arm out of his sleeve. Silly boy.
Beckett's attire on St. Patty's day at church.
Beckett and I went to get the oil changed and he was in heaven looking at all the car magazines.I have to admit I'm glad March is over because that just means I one month closer to July! Can't come soon enough.











1 comment:
I'm so sorry Beckett was so sick and tantrumy while Tagg was gone! I can't even imagine how frustrating that would be! Those pictures of him being sick are so sad. I love the St. Patty's Day pictures and the picture of the 3 of you at the park. Those are fabulous!!
Post a Comment