I must say that our recent letter dates have been a few of my favorites. Tagg was in charge of K. We went to Kenny's for dinner. It's a fantastic burger place. After that we went to a park and flew a kite. It was actually a kite that I was given when I graduated from high school by one of my young women leaders. I mentioned to her that I don't remember ever flying a kite when I was little so she bought me one that I could fly. Well, that kite sat in the box for 9 years before we used it for the first time. Flying a kite is so much fun! I totally felt like a little kid again. Beckett loved running around trying to "get" the kite. He would follow it with his hands up in the air. Tagg found a soccer ball in the trash can at the park so we tried to teach Beckett how to kick the ball. He wanted nothing to do with kicking. He loved throwing it though. Tagg also made sure he gave me a kiss every opportunity he got. For dessert we had kit-kats and to finish off the night we tested our knowledge by playing a Who Wants to be a Millionaire wii game.
I was in charge of L and I was super excited about this date. I've been wanting to go to the lake for a while so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity. We started the day by eating Life cereal. Then, we went to Little Elm, TX which is about 40 mins from us and swam in Lewisville Lake. We had fun snacks like Licorice, Laffy Taffys, Lemon Jolly Ranchers and Lemonade Gatorade. We stayed at the lake all morning and then ate lunch on the beach before we left. It was such a fun morning and Beckett loved playing in the water. It was the perfect little beach area too. There weren't too many people there and the water was pretty shallow so Beckett could go out pretty far without any trouble.
We've already started our M date, but I'll post about that later. So far it's been marvelous!













7 comments:
You guys are so freaking creative! These sound like SO much fun. I think Dad and I might try this idea of letter-themed date nights. Too much fun!
Like, I didn't know there was another Little one Living and Loving what's going on with his/her mommy & daddy! Awesome idea I'm going to share with my daughter Melinda & her hubby Jason. Thanks for sharing.
OK - you totally need to get me a package of lemon jolly ranchers! Where in the world did you find those? The lemon ones are my absolute favorite kinds and I can never find them (actually, the PINK lemonade are my favorites, but I don't think they make them anymore). Sounds like fun dates! I have to say though, that you two really should get a babysitter sometime and go out san Beckett. I mean, he is pretty cute and all, but you guys need a DATE!!! :)
I know I've said it before, but I really love your alphabet date ideas and it's fun reading about them, too. Plus, I love that you bring Beckett and take turns being in charge! I think I'm the only one who comes up with date ideas around here!
Oh my goodness.... I love these letter dates SO much! Looks like so much fun and you look SO good Mag! Almost to the end!!!
Umm, lemon?? WHAT?? I need those! In other news, your belly is SO GREAT! I hope you're still feeling well :-) And I'm still loving your letter dates... Just one question... What will you do when you get to the end?? Maybe numbers? Looking forward to hearing about M!
Katie you look so cute! I love your swimming suit. I am so excited for your guys. Beckett is going to be the best brother!
Post a Comment