It was a honor to be his granddaughter and I'm grateful for all he taught me. He was an amazing example of living the Gospel and what he believed. He was an incredibly hard worker and a dedicated husband, father, and grand father. He loved my grandma more than anything else in the world and wanted nothing more the past 5 years than to be reunited with her. I'm so glad they are together again and that he is freed from the pain and afflictions that he bore the last part of his life. In the final moments my mom spent with him she made sure to tell him to find Zach when he got to the other side. I'm sure he did and I'm sure it was a glorious reunion with all of his loved ones that had already passed on. He was an amazing man that will definitely be missed.
Friday, June 14, 2013
Grandpa Lehman
My Grandpa Lehman passed away a few weeks ago. He was my last living grandparent so it's weird to have them all gone now. He was the most selfless and giving person I have ever met. He viewed all he had as a gift from Heavenly Father and constantly gave to those in need. He loved his country and served in the Navy during WWII. One of my favorite memories of him was after Zach's graveside service. He was very adamant that my mom bring me over to him right at that moment. (Patience was something he lacked at the end of his life) When I came over to him, he gave me a hug and put a rolled up twenty in my hand. There was nothing he could do to ease the pain, so he wanted to give me money in hopes that would help. It was a sweet moment that I'm glad was caught by this picture Tagg's cousin took.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. What a great man. I'm glad you have so many great memories with him. I'm also sorry you weren't able to go to the funeral, I'm sure that was hard. I'm so glad that he and your grandma are reunited once again. I bet it was a beautiful reunion. Love you guys!
That was so sweet, Katie! I'm sorry for your family's loss. I lost my last grandparent in 2005, and I agree, it was weird at first. But knowing our loved ones can watch over us and see everything we do better and more frequently up there than they could here is a comforting feeling.
Post a Comment