Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Is Upon Us

Well, the temps have heated up here and it's starting to feel like summer.  We're pretty lucky that Ned and Gena bought a house with a pool because we go swimming a few times a week. Beckett's getting more comfortable being in the water.  He loves to splash where he can stand and be in control. However, he was a little more hesitant of getting in the pool where he couldn't touch even if we were holding him.  We got him a little life jacket and he's getting really comfortable with jumping in and even being in the water without holding onto Tagg or me.  Griff is still a little uncertain.  Some days are better than others, but overall he's starting to enjoy it more.
Also, I'm not sure why but Griffin is a little terrified of Ned when he's in the water.  It's pretty hilarious.  Griff will be fine and then  Ned will come near him and he starts crying.  He has no problem with him out of the water so I'm not sure what being in the water does that scares him.
Ned and Gena are always so nice to take the kids for us so we can go on a date.  Tagg and I were able to go to the temple and enjoy a yummy dinner at Tin Star.  
Griff is getting so big.  He wants to play with anything Beckett plays with.  I'm still not sure how he climbed in this car, but this is how I found him the other day.
His two top teeth finally came through plus one more on the bottom.  There's one on the top about to pop through any day also.
These boys love to go on walks to the park. Unfortunately it's starting to get a little too hot for the park.
Beckett is at such a funny stage.  He is a little parrot.  He definitely makes me reflect on what I say and do. The other day I was trying to get him to do something and he said, "I busy mom!" Apparently I'm busy a lot.  I better work on that! Also, I was trying to get him in his car seat and I took a car out of his hand so I could buckle him in.  He said, "Mom, I'm losing patience with you!" Oh man.  Funny boy.
For Memorial Day, we spent the day together as a family.  We didn't do anything too out of the ordinary but it was just nice to be together all day!
I loved seeing pictures of family at Zach's grave on Memorial Day. I hate that we can't be there so it means so much to know he's still cared for and his grave is taken care of. 
 Seeing so many people at his grave makes my heart happy.
I love that Zach is buried at the the head of my grandparents. It's the perfect spot.
Last Saturday we decided to explore some of the trails around Allen.  There are a few different trails that take you through neighborhoods and parks.  It was fun to spend the afternoon together and the weather was perfect.  A few sprinkles every once in a while, but it was overcast so it stayed nice and cool most of the day.
Tagg decided to to take the opportunity to teach the boys the art of rock skipping.  Beckett didn't totally get it but he did have fun throwing rocks in the water.

 We enjoyed a fun picnic lunch at one of the parks.
We have a lot of fun things coming up this summer.  We head to Utah in just a few weeks! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Amanda Petersen said...

So fun! That's so funny about Griffin and Ned in the pool. Looks like you've been up to some fun things! Love your cute family!