Monday, May 19, 2014

Outdoor Fun

So far we've had a very mild spring. We've been trying to enjoy all of these nice days in the 70s and 80s since I know it will be blazing hot in a matter of weeks. A few weeks ago Gena invited us to go to a Nature Preserve to take some pictures and enjoy being outside. Beckett loved it!  Griff was a little ornery but it was during his nap so that's to be expected.
I love that squishy face!
I got Griff to sleep for about 20 mins and then Beckett's roaring woke him up. Here he is peeking out of the baby carrier. Cute little stinker.
Griff is on the move and causes all kinds of trouble these days.  This day he was quite just a little too long.  By the time I got to him, he had opened the pretzels and dumped them out all over the floor.
I have to be careful what I say around Beckett.  Not that I say bad things, but sometimes I call Griff trouble or trouble maker when I'm pulling him away from things he shouldn't be playing with.  Beckett has started calling him that too.  The other day I heard Beckett screaming from his bathroom in his deepest monster voice, "No no trouble maker! This is MY bathroom!" I was dying laughing but I should probably stop calling Griff that.
We've spent some time at Ned and Gena's pool and the splash pad.  The water's still a little cold for Griff, but Beckett loves it!
Griff wasn't too fond of the splash pad either.  Hopefully once it warms up a little more he'll enjoy it because like it or not, we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer.
We've been to the sand park a few times.  I'm still trying to teach Griffin that the sand is for playing and not eating!
And we've spent LOTS of time at the park. One of Beckett's favorite things to do now is push Griffin while he's swinging.
Tagg took Beckett on the father son campout our ward did a few weeks ago.  Beckett had a blast.  It will be a little sad when Tagg takes both Griffin and Beckett next year and I'm left at home by myself.
These boys sure love their daddy. Their favorite time of day is when Tagg comes in for lunch and plays with them for a few minutes.
1:00 church is super hard with kids.  A few weeks ago Beckett told me he was tired during Sacrament meeting so I told him to lay down on the bench.  A few minutes later he was sound asleep.
We went to a Rangers game with the whole family.  The boys loved it even though the Rangers lost.

I was able to meet up with my old college roomie and her cute twin girls for a play date and lunch. I can't believe it was almost 10 years ago that we met!  We're getting old!
And last but not least, I was so excited to finally get pictures of my boys in the blue bonnets.  I've lived in Texas almost my whole life and I've never taken pictures with blue bonnets.  I think about doing it every year, but for some reason it just has never happened until this year.

1 comment:

Lynette Williams (Mom) said...

Cute post, Katie....and by the way - there's a good way not to have to be alone when Tagg takes the boys on "father/son" outings.....Hurry up and have a little girl so you can stay home and have a "mother/daughter" outing :)