Saturday, October 11, 2014

So Long Summer

Truthfully, it still feels like summer around here most days.  The temps are cooling off a little bit but its still usually in the 80s or low 90s. Here's how we ended our summer though.
The day after we got back from San Diego, Tagg left to go to Michigan for a few weeks. Not the best timing since we had just been gone for a week. Whenever Tagg's gone I try and FaceTime him a lot so the boys can see him.  Tagg's always doing silly things to make the boys laugh.  I was able to get a few screen shots of the entertaining times.
Griff climbed up to the top of the play place at Chick-fil-a.  That was a first for him.  He got stuck up there and didn't know how to get down so I had to climb up and get him.
The boys and I went to the splash pad a few more times.
Griff started walking a lot more which I'm so grateful for.  He is such a tank, it's nice to not have to carry him everywhere we go.
We went over to our friends' house and played in their big swimming inflatable slide.  It had a big slide that went into a pool of water.  Both boys LOVED it.
I turned 28. I can't believe I'm almost 30.  That sounds so old. Tagg was out of town for my birthday but he tried to make it as special as he could. Gena stopped by in the morning with flowers that Tagg had asked her to pick up.  I took the boys to get some donuts at our favorite donut place for breakfast.
Later that morning, my friend Heidi stopped by with beautiful flowers and also some chocolate covered strawberries that Tagg had arranged for her to bring by.  It was such a sweet surprise. Griff was loving the strawberries.
My sister happened to be in town for Flint's MRI on my birthday so it was nice to have some company. We went out to dinner with Ned and Gena and then came home and ate peanut butter pie. My favorite!
Beckett got a new car seat and we switched Griff to forward facing. They both were very excited about the change.
Tagg finally got home from his long business trip and we decided to check out the Dallas Farmer's Market.  They've done some renovations and changed things quite a bit.  The day we went they had a little petting zoo and the boys loved it.
 I love how Griff will smoosh his face against the window.  He does it all the time and it totally cracks me up. And ignore all the fingerprints and lick marks on the door.  Like I said, he does this all the time so I just don't worry about keeping it clean.
Griff is getting so big.  He's starting to play with cars and trains and will occasionally leave the train tracks alone and drive the train on it correctly instead of breaking it.
 We went with our friends to the Perrot Museum downtown.  I've only been there one other time and it was a disaster.  I'm glad we went back because it was a much better experience this time.  It was less crowded so the boys actually got to play with things. I think their favorite play area was the water table in the kids section.  Griff wanted to jump in and splash so it was a little challenge trying to keep him dry.
Griffin is at such a fun and challenging age. I'll write a post all about him and what he's up to later, but I just have so much love for this sweet little boy in my heart.
Tagg went to the BYU game in Austin with his Dad. He met Ty Detmer while he was there. 
We tried to go bowling one night, but all the lanes were full so instead we let the boys play on the arcade toys.  
They loved doing that but Beckett was super excited to go back a few days later and actually go bowling.  He loves to bowl.
 I left early to take Griffin home and put him to bed so Beckett and Tagg stayed and bowled one more game.  It was after that night that Beckett informed me the next time we go bowling he's going to go with Daddy and Griffin and I'm going to stay home.  He kept reassuring me that he still loved me even though he didn't want me to go bowling with him.  What a stilly boy.
We got Beckett a name train and he's been loving to spell his name recently.  He gets really proud of himself when he puts all the letters in the correct order. Also, apparently this is a face he likes to make now.
I was taking a picture of Griff and Beckett said, "Mom, take a picture of me!" I turned around and this is what he was doing.
We went on a walk to Sonic and got ice cream cones one night for Family Home Evening.  It was such a beautiful night and who doesn't love a good ice cream cone?
Griff is becoming quite the Daddy's boy.  He gets so excited every time the door out to Tagg's office is opened.  Most of the time it's just me going out to get something from our storage room, but every time that door opens, Griff yells, Dada!
These 2 are very sweet to each other and are becoming good friends.  There's still lots of fighting, but also lots of sweet moments like this.
One morning before church Beckett found these sunglasses and thought they were the funniest thing. He went and got sunglasses for Griff and they spent 15 minutes looking at themselves in the mirror. 
Beckett is getting so big.  He is becoming such a great helper.  He wanted to help Tagg change the batteries in one of his favorite books and Tagg was happy to have a great teaching moment with Beckett.  It's never too early to learn how to use a screw driver is it?
Summer was great but for some reason I'm much more anxious for Fall than I usually am.  Hopefully our weather will cool down and it will actually start feeling like fall now that it's the middle of October.

No comments: