Friday, February 13, 2015

Blog Catch Up

There has been so much going on the last few months that I haven't had time to blog.  While no one probably reads this blog anymore, I feel like I'm missing out and forgetting a lot of things my family has done the past few months.  Plus, it's very therapeutic for me to write and this pregnancy has been so crazy I feel like I need to write everything down.  So, in an attempt to catch up I'm going to pick up where I left off back in the middle of October.  Yikes! I've posted a couple things about my pregnancy but I want to get all the fun stuff we've done documented.
Tagg was out of town for big chunk of October and November so we tried to keep ourselves busy without him. Beckett started getting better at writing his letters and numbers on his own.  He was so proud of writing the letter H one day.  He kept yelling for me to "come check it out!"
 He also drew his first real person.
Griff just got sillier and crazier.  It's been so fun to see his personality really come out the past few months.  I thought he was more of an observer and quiet one compared to Beckett.  Not so!  He can hold his own and is following right in the footsteps of his crazy older brother.
Beckett "helped" me go grocery shopping by picking up as many candy bars as he could before I noticed what he was doing.
We went to the park a lot.  It's been fun to see these 2 brothers become even better friends.  
And a few minutes after I took the last picture of them hugging, I took this picture of snakes that had invaded the playground. Needless to say, we left shortly there after and actually haven't been back to that same park yet.
We put an offer on a house in the middle of October and after a few tweaks to the initial offer, it was finally accepted.  It was a crazy week of getting inspections and everything taken care of but it was super exciting to actually be buying a house instead of renting. The rest of October and November all of our free time went to packing and cleaning our rental house.
Since Tagg was out of town so much in October, I took the boys to San Antonio for a week to see my parents.  It was a relaxing week of playing and fun for the boys.  We went to Sea World one more time and the boys even got to go Trick or Treating to Grammy's front door.
It was hard for me to get into the Halloween spirit with getting our house packed and ready to move plus Tagg being out of town, but I did manage to find time to paint pumpkins with the boys.  I didn't feel like carving pumpkins by myself and I knew the boys would enjoy painting more so it worked out well.
We also went with some friends to a pumpkin patch.  The boys loved it.  There were tractors to sit on, a little maze made out of hay bails, a corn pit to play in and a few other fun things for the kids to do.
Who knew a big pit of corn would keep kids entertained for so long. When we got home and the boys took off their pants, corn fell out all over the place.  It was all in Griff's diaper too.
On one of Tagg's trips he was able to work it out to stop in Idaho to see his cousin Brady and also go to the BYU/Boise State game.  BYU lost but Tagg still had a good time. 
We ate at Jersey Mikes one day and they gave us balloons for the boys.  Griff held on to his balloon the entire time he was eating and then rode like this the whole car ride home.  I was cracking up.  This kid loves balloons.
My friend also made this adorable teepee for my boys.  It's the cutest thing and they love playing in it.

Halloween was so fun this year.  Ned and Gena had a fun dinner at their house with all kinds of spooky and fun food.  Then we all went trick or treating together.
Aren't they the cutest train conductor and lion you've ever seen
The boys really got in to trick or treating this year.  Even Griff knew what to do.  He'd hold on to his pumpkin and hold it out for people to put candy in it.  They both of course wanted to eat the candy as soon as it went in their bags, but we still managed to come home with a bunch of candy that didn't get eaten.
I thought Griff was going to be scared this year of some things on Halloween but it was actually Beckett.  Beckett went through a phase where he was scared of everything.  I have no clue what prompted it, but he would always tell me things were scary.  On Halloween we walked past a guy in a skeleton costume and Beckett almost lost it.  I kept telling him it was just a costume and just pretend but he didn't want anything to do with it.  The same thing happened when we saw a clown.  We went up to one house and the kid that was passing out candy was wearing a mask.  Beckett didn't want to go up there to get candy until the kid saw Beckett's anxiousness and took his mask off.
Beckett had his last soccer game on November 1st.  It was freezing cold!  I think he enjoyed playing soccer but we were ready for the season to be over.  This spring he's going to play tee ball and he's really excited about that.
Ned and Gena went camping in November and we went up and spent the morning with them so the kids could play and we could get a break from packing. It was such a beautiful day and the kids had fun playing with their cousins.
This picture cracks me up!  Beckett and Liam are "best friends" and here they are mid kiss.  I bet in  a few years they will hate that we have this picture!
So Beckett is always so excited to see Liam and Darcy is always so excited to see Beckett.  It's a funny dynamic because Beckett runs to Liam to give him a hug and at the same time Darcy is trying to run to Beckett to give him a hug. It's fun that my kids have cousins close by and I love watching them develop friendships with them.

No comments: