We spent January getting settled in our house, working on a few projects, painting, going to lots of doctor appointments, and enjoying a few days of beautiful weather. The beginning of January was so cold! Apparently it was the 10th coldest January on record. The last half of the month finally warmed up a little which was so nice.
Griff continues to get bigger and does everything he can to keep up with Beckett. He is such a sweet boy and I just find myself falling in love with him more and more every day.
Here he is trying to clip his own toenails.
He turned 18 months in January and had his first day in nursery. I wish I could say it was as successful as Beckett's but it wasn't. There were LOTS of tears. I tried to leave a few times and as soon as I did he would start screaming. Not just like a few tears and yells. His face would turn bright red, and he would scream and scream. Tears would be streaming down his face and he would get all sweaty. Nothing would distract him. Toys, snacks, treats, books, he wasn't having it!
This was my view during snack time. The funny thing is I didn't realize when I took the picture that Griff was looking at me. I just thought he looked cute sitting in the chair and I wanted to get a picture. It wasn't until later that I was looking through pictures and saw how this perfectly summed up his time in nursery. He kept an eye on me almost the whole time.
Last Sunday he made it almost the whole time all on his own so we are starting to make some progress. Hopefully within the next few weeks he will make through all of nursery so I can enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society before the next little man comes.
We took advantage of the warm weather and had a few picnic dinners at the park. I love spending time with my little family.
Beckett's going to play tee ball this spring and Tagg's been getting him ready by practicing his swing. I think he will have more success with baseball than he did with soccer.
And in just a few minutes he grew up so fast! What a handsome little dude.
And adding the door.
And then adding the drywall.
And here is the final product. And since we took this picture we've also painted his office to a cream color instead of that green color.
And to finish off this post, a random fact about Griff. He loves olives. He's a pretty picky eater and is very hit and miss. Sometimes he'll eat things and then the next day he doesn't want anything to do with it. However, he pretty much always will eat olives. I like olives but I think he gets this love from his dad.
Beckett had his first day of Sunbeams. As you can tell by these pictures he was really excited about the change from nursery to primary.
He actually did really well with the switch. He was a little apprehensive at first. I dropped him off and told him I was going to stand in the back for a few minutes. He seemed to be fine so I left and came back a few minutes later to check on him. He was screaming. I went in to see what was wrong and he was crying because I didn't give him a hug and say bye. Beckett has a routine where he needs to say bye, give a kiss, hug and five before you go anywhere. I forgot to do that and it was the saddest thing ever for him. After I said goodbye he calmed down and then did great. He has been in Primary for a month and a half now and has the first 2 Articles of Faith memorized. We worked on it a little bit with him, but most of it came from listening in Primary. He takes it very seriously. His teachers told us he is so reverent and one of the best kids in the class!Griff continues to get bigger and does everything he can to keep up with Beckett. He is such a sweet boy and I just find myself falling in love with him more and more every day.
Here he is trying to clip his own toenails.
He turned 18 months in January and had his first day in nursery. I wish I could say it was as successful as Beckett's but it wasn't. There were LOTS of tears. I tried to leave a few times and as soon as I did he would start screaming. Not just like a few tears and yells. His face would turn bright red, and he would scream and scream. Tears would be streaming down his face and he would get all sweaty. Nothing would distract him. Toys, snacks, treats, books, he wasn't having it!
This was my view during snack time. The funny thing is I didn't realize when I took the picture that Griff was looking at me. I just thought he looked cute sitting in the chair and I wanted to get a picture. It wasn't until later that I was looking through pictures and saw how this perfectly summed up his time in nursery. He kept an eye on me almost the whole time.
Last Sunday he made it almost the whole time all on his own so we are starting to make some progress. Hopefully within the next few weeks he will make through all of nursery so I can enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society before the next little man comes.
We took advantage of the warm weather and had a few picnic dinners at the park. I love spending time with my little family.
Beckett's going to play tee ball this spring and Tagg's been getting him ready by practicing his swing. I think he will have more success with baseball than he did with soccer.
I'd been saying I needed to get Griff's haircut for a while. Finally I couldn't stand the mullet anymore so I scheduled an appointment for my friend to cut his hair. I cut Beckett's hair but Griff's is so fine and curly, I just didn't know what to do with it. This picture was taken the night before he got his hair cut. Tagg brushed his hair like this after he got out of the bath.
And here's the before and after. He looks like such a baby here.And in just a few minutes he grew up so fast! What a handsome little dude.
We are trying to be better about family scripture study. It's been pretty hit and miss in the past but it's finally becoming a habit and even though it can be crazy and chaotic at times, I love that time with the boys.
Here is one of the biggest projects Tagg has been working on. Since Tagg works from home we needed to wall off his office. He was able to do most of it in just a few days with the help of a friend and also him mom. Here's what it looked like when we moved in.
And here's the progress of building the wall.And adding the door.
And then adding the drywall.
And here is the final product. And since we took this picture we've also painted his office to a cream color instead of that green color.
The boys have really enjoyed having a huge tub in our room. They pretty much only take baths in our tub now.
It is fun to watch these 2 become better friends and start to play together more. I really love having 2 boys in a row. I can't even imagine what life will be like when I add another little man to this lineup.And to finish off this post, a random fact about Griff. He loves olives. He's a pretty picky eater and is very hit and miss. Sometimes he'll eat things and then the next day he doesn't want anything to do with it. However, he pretty much always will eat olives. I like olives but I think he gets this love from his dad.
















2 comments:
I meant to comment months ago...love these darling boys! They are both getting so big...I can't believe it. Sure love your cute family!
Congrats on your new house, that's exciting. I love that you do a name from the Angel Tree in honor of Zach, so sweet. Know that I think of you and your new little guy often. Hope things are going as well as possible and you are hanging in there through this stressful time. Good luck with the upcoming months.
Post a Comment