Sunday, April 5, 2015

Griffin at 20 months

This post used to be called Griffin at 18 months and then Griffin at 19 months.  It's taken me forever to finish this post! It's crazy how fast the past 20 months have gone.  I feel like I've blinked and all of a sudden my baby is a full grown toddler. I was watching videos from when Griff was born and the first few months of his life and it makes me sad how much I don't even remember. I'm glad we have so many videos and pictures, but I want to remember the little things too. 
So, here's my effort to remember the little things about Griff at this stage of his life.  He is the such a sweet boy and unlike Beckett is actually a momma's boy.  He talks a lot and can easily make his point known. He's quite articulate for not even being 2 yet. He also has such a funny way of making some sounds.  I really can't describe it but it's almost like he's German.  The sounds are very harsh and nasal almost instead making the actual sound.  
He LOVES balls, balloons and anything else he can throw or kick.  I think he's going to be the most passionate about sports out of the 2 boys. 
He is very good about always saying please when he wants something.  Cookie please, milk please, cracker please.
He's a very picky eater.  I still can't figure him out.  I have no clue what his favorite food is because one day he'll devour something and the next day he won't touch it.  Things that he seems to pretty consistently like are crackers, pretzels, milk, olives, treats, cereal and eggs.
He doesn't really do this anymore but he used to grab onto your legs and say, "love you" when he wanted you to hold him.
He loves to laugh and usual Beckett can get him laughing harder than anyone else.  He has such a deep hearty laugh that it almost sounds like it's painful when he gets laughing really hard.
He loves chapstick.  I found him eating mine the other day.  Yesterday he woke up from his nap and the first thing he said to me when he woke up was "chapstick please mommy!"
He snuggles with me still and just wants to be held sometimes. Most of the time, I love that about him. However it often seems like the times he wants to be held are when I'm cooking dinner or doing something that prevents me from holding him.
His favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I'm a Child of God.  Before he goes to bed I ask him what songs he wants and he always says "ittle star" and after we sing that he says, "child God". He recently also has developed a love for "families" and "temple". Families Can Be Together Forever and I Love To See The Temple.
While he is usually as sweet and happy as can be, he definitely has a feisty side that comes out more and more.  He has become familiar with timeout.  Usually he's in timeout for hitting or throwing things.  When he's mad, he'll often come to the kitchen cabinet where I keep the kids dishes and cups and start throwing them on the ground.  It actually makes me laugh, but apparently throwing plates somehow makes him feel better.
He is a parrot and will copy anything you say or do.  Mostly anything Beckett says or does.  Beckett recently has taught Griff to say, "oh gross!" after he asks him any questions.  Beckett will say, "Griff, do you like to eat pizza?" and Griff will yell, "oh gross!" That all started because Beckett started saying he liked to eat poop and we'd tell him that was gross.  Oh the joys of raising boys.  And speaking of boys, Griff also thinks it's the funniest thing in the world to toot.  He will often try hard to make himself toot more.  Do girls do the same thing or is this something that is just innate in little boys?  
Griffin loves to take a bath.  He can throw quite a fit when it's time to get out of the tub.  He splashes like crazy and has so much fun playing with Beckett in the tub.  Tagg pretty much always gives the boys a bath.  That's their time together and while Tagg often gets pretty wet, I know they all love it.
Griff is getting good at saying prayers.  He usually needs a little help but a few times he's said the whole prayer on his own. 
Griff's favorite toys seem to be the usual cars, trucks, trains, planes, etc.  He makes the cutest sounds as he drives or flies them around. He also really likes to color and 
He loves to read books.  Some of his favorite ones are "Moo, Baa, La La La" and "Blue Hat, Green Hat" by Sandra Boynton.  He also loves "My Truck is Stuck" (truck...stuck as he calls it).
He gives the best hugs especially through Skype.  He squeezes his whole body really hard, clenches his fists, and sort of looks like he's filling his diaper. 
It seems like he is growing up quicker than Beckett because he's always trying to keep up with him. 
He loves his blanket, Mickey Mouse, and his stuffed dog, Pups. 
He loves to play Hide and Seek and has learned to count to 10 already because of how much we play it. 
And because you made it through all of that, here are some pictures Gena took for Griff at 18 months.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh Katie - reading this post just about made my heart explode with joy! Your descriptions of Griffin were so loving and heartfelt and just made me realize how grateful I am to have this adorable little person in my life. He has truly come into his own lately and is such a little sweetheart. Thanks for sharing this...and kudos to Gena for some pretty amazing pictures. - Mom

Amanda Petersen said...

He really is the sweetest little boy! He melts my heart! I can't believe he is so big now...it seems like yesterday he was the baby. It's been so fun watching him grow into such a cute little dude. We love you Griffin!