Tagg and I go back to Utah tonight after he gets off work. We have enjoyed our time here, but we are really excited to be going back to Utah. Being here has really helped me appreciate the simpleness of life in Utah. I am going to miss things here in New York like going to Broadway shows, incredible food, China town, things always going on in the city, etc, but there are a lot of things I won't miss. For example, the subway and the subway yellers or crazy people on the subway, the smell of cigarette smoke everywhere, the other disgusting smells that New York has to offer, the immorality that is everywhere, and the F word being said about every 30 seconds by someone around me. We have enjoyed our time here though and have learned a lot about life and where we do (or really don't) want to live in the future. We have decided that we want a house with a yard, and we want to be able to get in our car and drive to wherever we want to go. We can't wait to get back to our 92 Honda! We are more suburban dwellers that want to live a simple life. Speaking of Broadway shows though, did I mention that my husband is the luckiest man ever! We have entered into 2 lottery's and Tagg has won us tickets in both. Most of the shows do a drawing about two hours before the show starts and you can get 1 or 2 front row tickets for about 25ish dollars each. Tagg won tickets to West Side Story about a month ago and then last week he won tickets to In The Heights. It is a new show that is about life in Washington Heights. That just happens to be the area we live in here in New York and I think that is why we loved it so much. There were a few things that were a little inappropriate, but it is better than the things I listen to and see when I walk out the door. The seats were incredible as well! That brings our total to 7 shows we have seen out here. We saw Mary Poppins twice though. (Shrek, Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Wicked, Mary Poppins, and In The Heights) The great thing about it is that we never paid full price for any of our tickets! They were all either free or at least half off.
Well, we are at the end of one adventure but about to start a new one. Tagg's last year of college and me teaching 1st grade! Can't wait! We get back to Utah at almost midnight tonight. We took our luggage down to Tagg's work this morning so we can just leave straight from there. I didn't want to try getting on the subway and everything all by myself so I went with Tagg. It was quite a spectacle. Tagg and I each had two huge suitcases plus carry-ons that we piled into a jam packed subway car with us. We took up a lot of room but most people were actually nice about it which was surprising. I felt so bad for Tagg because he had to carry 4 big suitcases up the stairs (and it was a lot of stairs) after we got off the subway. He is such a trooper. We decided to take a bus that will take us to the airport this evening. It was cost us a little bit of money but it is totally worth not having to go up and down stairs again and jam onto a subway car with all of our stuff.
Wow, I think that is it for now. If you read to the bottom of this, you deserve a treat! So long for now.
7 comments:
Hey we're excited for you guys to be back! Phil gets back in a couple weeks, so we should hang out.
A treat? Does that include a visit from you? I cant wait for you to get back!
What an adventure! I am glad that your next adventure is in Utah! I can't wait to see you guys!
congrats on finishing up the new york adventure. I'm glad you confirmed that big cities are a bust! so you're still teaching at Newman in SLC?? that's sweet you are doing 1st grade-Im pretty sure it's your dream job.
How fun living in NY for a little while!! So jealous of all the shows and stuff you got to do! We need to catch up sometime, it has been way too long. Hope all is well. Loves!
Well it certainly sounds like an adventure. We're so glad you guys got to experience it. Now it's time to post on your new job...I want to hear all about the first graders and I'm dying to see your classroom. I'm sure you're super busy but if you get a chance... New Posts please!
This is actually Amanda by the way...I always forget to Log Tucker out...I'm sure Tucker really wants to see your classroom too but I want to see it more!
Post a Comment