Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FINALLY!

I started to think that no one read my blog because I haven't updated in a while and no one has said anything. Recently though, I have gotten many requests for an update. I know this is delayed Mag! Anyway, life is so good right now. It is crazy busy for both Tagg and myself, but we are also having so much fun. Since my last post we have moved into our apartment, I have started teaching, Tagg has started school, I had a birthday and probably many more things that I won't have time to blog about. I wanted to wait to post this to add pictures but I figure I better just post it now.

I am teaching 1st grade this year and I am LOVING it! It is so much work and so busy right now, but it is so much better than teaching 4th grade. The problems are so much different than what I dealt with in 4th grade but I love it. The other day, I had a crazy afternoon. I had one little girl poop her pants, another little boy that picks his nose all the time got a bloody nose and wiped the blood all over his face, and then another girl burst into tears because she thought she had a loose tooth. She had never lost a tooth and she was so scared it was going to hurt when it fell out. They definitely say the funniest things as well. I am always laughing at things they tell me. One little boy told me he was going to change his name when he grew up. I asked why and he said that silent e's are sooooo hard. He said that his name is just Blake but you can't hear the e. It was pretty funny. Another little boy told the class that they need to be reverent in class just like at church. One little girl when asking the class if they had any questions or comments about what she had told them said, "Are there any questions or condiments?" I just LOVE these kids. There are so many more stories I could tell about them, but I won't bore you. Let me just say though that I love when they come up to me and say "Mrs. Petewsen, you awe my favowite teachew evew." I love how they can't all say their r's yet.

Tagg's school is going well too. He is busy with 12 credits and working at the MTC. He has more spare time this semester so he is trying to find another job to keep him busy. Sorry my update for him is not as long as it is for me.

One sad/exciting update is that we have a new car! Lucy, our old Honda, died on us. I am teaching out in Eagle mountain so we HAD to have a car. We had one day to go, find, and buy a new car. We found one we loved and that we could afford. However, we have now been welcomed into the lovely world of car payments.

For my birthday, Tagg and I went up to Park City. We stayed at the Marriott and because it was my birthday they upgraded our room to a big suite. Our room was bigger than our whole apartment. We went fishing, shopping and did a few things at the Park City Mountain Resort. It was a lot of fun. I can't believe that I am 23 though! I feel like that is such a big number.

For Labor Day we went up to Idaho and went to Lava Hot Springs. We stayed in a time share with some of Tagg's family. It was so much fun to relax and enjoy time together without school distractions. And I must not forget about the INCREDIBLE BYU game on Saturday! Wooohoooo! Go Cougs.

Well, that should do it for now. More updates soon. I promise!

6 comments:

e. said...

I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Good to have you back! Your kids sound super cute, except the nose-picker-bleeder. Not cool.

Lisa said...

Hey! I'm so glad to finally get an update! I was definitely planning to bug you about it on Sunday so you just barely avoided that! Haha! I'm excited to see you guys!

amberdat said...

Thank you soooo much for updating me on your life. It has been quite a while. Glad to hear you are back in Utah. When are you coming up to Logan next? I hope it's soon because I need to see you. I love those little first graders. They say the funniest things. Sorry about the poop. Maybe it's just getting you ready for a kid... just sayin'. :)

McKenna said...

Thank you for updating. I honestly wasn't kidding when I said that I check this almost every day! I have to! You are my mag! I love your little first graders right along with you and I'm sort of starting to feel like we'll have the same stories as last year only we'll be on opposite sides of the teaching fence, if you get what that means. LOVE you!

Amanda Petersen said...

It's good to see an update! I'm glad that your school year is going so well. I miss teaching. Your little kids sound adorable. I'm still waiting for pictures of your classroom though. I can't wait to see it. I don't think I ever told you but I thought your theme for your class was so cute. Anyway...glad you've had a good couple of weeks!

Melissa and Reed said...

Hi Katie! We've lost track of each other, but I found your blog. I'm so glad you are so much happier in 1st grade! Yeah! Being a mom is amazing as well! I miss teaching, but hanging out with a newborn all day everyday beats 27 little 9 year olds. :) Had to say hi and say keep blogging. Now that I'm back into blogging I regret not blogging Reed and my first 3 years of marriage. Those were some of the best times! One quick update...they're building a new Farrer! It's about time we stopped getting the juke! Take care!