
Things at school have been good too. I am still loving my kids. I look forward to seeing them everyday. Here is one story that I forgot about but definitely always makes me laugh. One of my students was sounding out the word "as" and he said the sound that a makes and then the sound that s makes. Well, in the word "as" the s really makes a z sound so this is what I heard. a...s... with him then saying ASS! So proud of himself. It took about two seconds for him to realize what he said. Then he said, "I mean aZZ. My dad always tells me that word is as (with the z sound emphasized at the end)" As if that wasn't funny enough, about 10 seconds later we got to the the word but and he read it and then says, "not the bad kind of butt though." It was super funny.
Halloween was pretty fun at my school. As most of you know, I hate halloween, so when the first grade team decided to dress up as fairies, I figured that wasn't too bad. I made the skirt for my costume which I was pretty proud of. I didn't get pictures on my camera though. I think a few of my students mom's did and are going to send me the pics so as soon as they do I will post them.






On Saturday, Tagg ran a 5K. I was so proud of him. He did it super fast too! He hasn't worked out in a while and so last Sunday when he heard that the Orem Region was doing a 5K on Saturday he decided he was going to do it. He started running on Monday and kept at it so he could run three miles by Saturday. It was fun to watch him run. He did a great job!



Basically, as you can see, life is great, fun and busy. So long for now!
5 comments:
Do you love first grade more than fourth? You are definitely a lower grade teacher!! And you are soooo good at it! Remember our sixth grade experience? YIKES! I am glad Tagg had a happy birth. When are you coming up to LOGAN??
Yea! Another update and so soon!! Congratulations to my favorite Utah son-in-law on a good run. Sounds like the birthday party was great and that you two continue to just be an amazing couple. Megan is awesome, too, for being such a great help. Man - I have great kids! Love you guys and I'll see you in a couple of weeks....Mom
Way to go Tagg! And Happy belated birthday...however, I did wish you an early happy day on the family website! And Katie, those pics of your 1st graders make me miss teaching so bad! They are adorable! Glad you're loving it. It was so fun seeing you guys a couple of weeks ago.
~Chandi
sounds like you guys are keeping busy! Congrats on the 5k Tagg..that's pretty awesome. Your first graders are so cute...it looks like you're having a lot of fun with them. It was fun to see you guys last week. Look forward to Christmas.
The party was pretty awesome! You guys are great and we love you both! Mag, your kids are super cute and I'm glad you are loving them :)
Post a Comment