Monday, March 22, 2010

Lost and Dislocated

I had another doctors appointment Friday. He said everything is looking great. Our little guy is measuring a little bit big but he said it is nothing to worry about. Not surprised. Pretty sure I am going to have a huge baby based on how big I was. We shall see though. We are still waiting to hear about jobs. Tagg flies to Texas on Tuesday for an interview in Dallas. He has a few things in the works so I am sure we will get an offer at some point. We are just being patient in the mean time. Nothing really new to update at this point. Life is just keeping us busy. But I do have a few funny stories...
First off, last Sunday, Tagg and I decided to let our turtle Hank out to get some exercise. We've done this before and it has never been a problem. Tagg just sets up a little barricade with the foil and cling wrap boxes so Hank can't get out. Well, this time, Tagg went to check on Hank after about 20 minutes and he could not find him anywhere. I didn't believe him but when I went over I couldn't find him either. I totally freaked out. We looked and looked for Hank for seriously about 45 minutes. Somehow he had pushed the boxes out of the way so he could make a run for it. After looking for so long I decided we needed to say a prayer to help us find him. After praying we looked for a bit longer and decided we better check under the fridge. Now, we couldn't roll the fridge out because if Hank was under there we would crush him. So, Tagg lifted the fridge up and I looked under it with a flashlight. I couldn't see Hank anywhere though. Tagg told me to get the broom and sweep under the fridge to see if we could pull anything out. So, I got the broom and Tagg lifted the fridge again. I swept once and didn't get anything. I swept again and Tagg yelled for me to keep going because he saw Hank. I swept like crazy and finally we were able to pull him out from under the fridge. I thought he might be dead, but when Tagg washed him off he said his eyes were wide open. I was so thankful he was alive still! I kept thinking that we were the most awful parents for losing him. Hopefully when our baby starts crawling towards the fridge I will be able to notice!
Here is a picture of Hank. Sorry it is a little blurry.

Tagg also became a doctor this week at his flag football game. One of the kids (Sam) on the team landed after trying to make a catch and grabbed his foot and started yelling "It's broken! AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!" He continued to do so a few times. I see Tagg run over to him and it looks like he is trying to take his shoe off. A minute later Tagg and another guy carried Sam off the field and brought him over to the sideline. He still had his shoe on though so they took it off and his ankle was gynormous. Nothing looked broken though. Sam said that he had dislocated his foot and Tagg had popped it back into place. I couldn't believe it. Apparently, when Tagg ran over to Sam on the field, he realized that Sam's foot wasn't broken because it was locked into place and not dangling. So, he grabbed it and popped it back in. You may be wondering where Tagg learned what to do in a situation like this. I definitely was. Well, he said he saw it on a TV show once. A guy had dislocated his finger and someone had to pop it back into place. I also think it was instinct mixed with the spirit. I was a little worried that Tagg may not have popped it back the right way, but when the EMS people showed up, they were very impressed with Tagg's quick thinking and skills. Sam didn't have any ligament damage and part of that could have been because Tagg acted so fast. It makes me feel good knowing that if anything like that happens to our kid, Tagg knows what to do. I would have just stood there screaming like a little girl because it looked gross.
Other that that, nothing too crazy going on right now. We are staying busy watching a lot of basketball and we are looking forward to Spring Break in a few weeks! Texas, here we come.

12 comments:

Dane & McCall said...

Katie, you are so cute preggo!! I am so excited for you!! I am also impressed with Tagg, I would prob just freak out too!

Riley Chemistry said...

Ha! I can see you two trying to look for Hank! So funny! And yes, you do look like a cute little prego lady! We need to have you guys over for dinner one day soon! Maybe we can watch a little march madness while we're at it...let me know what a good day for you guys is. Or if you want to come over while Tagg is gone at interviews at all, let me know, we're just a little drive away and Evva will give you a little taste of what you're in for!

Riley Chemistry said...

Sorry, I guess Rob is logged in...It's me, Tatiana

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

What time does Tagg get to Dallas on Tuesday? Justin's dad is flying in that day too! He's renting a car and driving out to our house though, so neither Justin nor myself will be in Dallas, but maybe they'll be on the same flight!

McKenna said...

Okay Mag... I can't believe you guys lost little Hank! Thank goodness you found him and that Tagg has he-man strength to lift up a refrigerator! While we're at it... the popping in the ankle thing, perhaps Tagg missed his calling and should be in med school. I know you're close to being done now, but just think about it. We'll see what we can do about a little wifey for that baby of yours too!

Dave and Krisha said...

You are so darling! You still look gorgeous when pregnant! I hate you! We have some crazy turtle stories too! They are sneaky little buggers. They also must have 9 lives! Ours got run over, lost for 2 weeks in our garage, carried away by the cat and lived to tell about it!! He is now living peacefully in the Bear River behind my parents house!! Good luck to Tagg! he is Awsome and shouldn't have any trouble getting a great job!

Melissa said...

You are looking so so cute and prego! If Tagg needs a free place to stay we live really close to down town and he is more than welcome to stay with us! We have an extra room with a really comfy bed so he won't have to sleep on a couch or anything. We would love it if you guys ended up here. We totally love it and would love some more familiar faces! GREAT to hear from you!

Melissa said...

Oh yeah, and the house next door is for sell for a great price...just a thought! Wink! :)

Amanda Petersen said...

I loved your story about Hank. Also you'll have to tell Tagg to instruct Tucker on how to pop those things back in...that will come in handy with children I'm sure. You look soooo cute pregnant! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait for your little guy to get here. It was fun skyping with you last night. I hope Tagg's interviews go well. Good luck!

Lynn DeAngelis said...

Hahaha... I can't stop laughing at picturing Tagg holding up a fridge while pregnant you are sweeping under it with a broom. I wish you would have gotten some footage of this! Haha... Oh well, in other news, your belly is just beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

What fun stories - and a cute baby bump to match. Love you...Mom

Amber said...

oh cute baby bump!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about losing your kid under the fridge.. with the rate you're going, your baby is going to be so big that it won't even fit under there. I would worry more about him falling in the toilet. That's where Lincoln likes to play these days... oh boy!