Monday, August 9, 2010

Picture Update of Last 2 Months

I was looking through all of our pictures from the past few months and I realized I haven't uploaded any of them. So, this post will mostly just be a picture update of our life the past few months.

I said goodbye to my fabulous 1st graders and my great friends and co-workers at Pony Express.


Tagg and I decided we'd better hike the Y before we left Provo. We hiked it 3 times in a week and a half. Talk about a good workout, especially after having a baby! I didn't know how out of shape I was.


We said goodbye to the Colemans with sushi and a game of laser tag. I sure miss my magnet but hopefully we will be re-united soon enough.


We had a BBQ with some of our good friends the Pickett's and the Nielsen's.

We had a BBQ with some of my family.

We went to a family reunioun.

At the reunion my siblings and I bid on the haircut my Dad auctioned off. All the grandkids took a swipe.

We said goodbye to lots of family including most of our grandparents.




We said one last goodbye to our angel's grave.

We packed up our apartment and hit the road.


We moved into our new apartment in Dallas and Hank got a new place to live! He loves it.













I did laundry in my own washer and dryer of the first time!

Tagg had his first day of work at Firehouse.

We've kept ourselves busy by exploring Dallas, seeing where JFK was shot, going to a Rangers game and spending time with family.








I've also been reminded of why I love Texas.

Overall things are going pretty good. We are still trying to find friends and I'm still trying to find a job. I believe Heavenly Father thinks I need to learn patience. I've had a few job interviews but nothing official yet. More posts to come soon.

16 comments:

Amber said...

You two are the cutest! Every time you post I always seem to get a little tear in my eye... sometimes two. I love your white cabinets, your cute shower curtain (especially the one with stripes) and your bed spread! You guys look like you are having tons of fun. We miss you!!

e. said...

A couple of things:

1) Your apartment is AMAZING. Wood floors plus white cabinets slay me.

2) Your black framed picture collage with the family pictures is darling. Those pictures of y'all (I learned how to spell that from you, Cady) and Zach are so perfect.

3) I totally have that floor lap from Ikea. We're twiners.

4) Could you BE any more tan? Are you crossing races?

5) Good luck with the job search. Something tells me you won't be in searching mode very long...

Vierig Family said...

Looks like you've been busy having a lot of fun. Love the new place and all the new pictures. Hope your having a BLAST!

Chels's Blog said...

Oh I just miss you so much! Your apartment is so cute! I love all of the pictures of your cute family and of Zach. It is decorated so cute and I am jealous. It looks like you guys are having a good time down there and are enjoying life! I know you will find something soon...patience is a bummer sometimes. I know I don't have very much patience. Hang in there and you are in my prayers!

{larissa} said...

I LOVE that you live in Texas. There's not many places i would love to live at in the USA but Texas is definitely one of them.

Lynette Williams(Mom) said...

Katie - I noticed this last post was made exactly 3 months after Zach. What a wonderful gift to him and to you and Tagg that you are all moving on and finding joy once again. I'm sure Zach is with you in spirit and loving the fact that his parents are finding happiness in the new adventures of life. Your apartment looks absolutely darling. You have fixed it up so that it looks so fun and "homey". Can't wait to come for a visit so I can see it in person. I'm keeping everything crossed for the job search. Just wish these principals could know what a fantastic teacher you are. There would be no question who they would hire. Love you both....keep smiling. Mom

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Grandma Pete told me about the framed "memorial" of Zach your family got you and I've been hoping you'd post a picture of it. It's gorgeous! I bet it's so nice to have that in your home since you're so far from Logan and not able to visit his graveside often. I remember how difficult it was when we moved to Wisconsin and I wasn't working, so I'm praying hard that you'll find something soon! We're also hoping to make it over to see y'all real soon!

Amanda Petersen said...

Wow...what a post! It looks like you guys have been doing some fun things. Your apartment is so nice and you have decorated it so cute. I love all the pictures you have up, they're just darling! Hopefully you'll get a job here soon! Love ya!

Queen of Kings said...

Katie,
I hope you don't mind me checking your blog or leaving comments. We think about you and Tag and hope you are doing well and finding peace and joy along the way.. so I check your blog to see how life is for you. I Love your cute apartment and all of your fun adventures you two are darling together! Yay for a washer of your own! I love your sweet memorials of Zachary what a special spirit! I hope heaven continues to bless your little family! Good luck on the job search :) I hate having to learn patience... not my strongest attribute by any means Good Luck! As always Thanks for your faith! I continue to be so inspired by you!

Nielsens said...

so many great pictures! glad you guys made it and your new place looks so cute! i miss seeing you and tagg. let us know if you ever come back to utah for a visit! :)

The Ringer Family said...

looks like things are going good for you guys! I hope Tagg is loving his job. I love the sweet pictures and reminders you have up of Zach - what a lucky little boy!

McKenna said...

I love this post! What a little gem it was when I finally got back on the computer. I am so thankful you put that picture of us up from Sushi and I love the picture from laser tag. Your apartment is so cute! I feel like you should come decorate my house, it is totally not as cute as yours. I feel like you never ended one of your stories though, what did your dad's hair cut look like afterward? I miss you so much. I really hope I can see you soon.

Lindsay said...

Looks like you have had a great and eventful summer! You look so pretty in all your pictures!! And your new place is darling!

Kaylie said...

Your new place looks so nice and spacious! How fun! I love the shadow box for Zach, it looks so good :) Good luck with the job search, I'm sure everything will work out. And as far as finding friends go, that will happen for you both in no time, you are such fun people to be around. Glad to hear/see updates in your life.

Tyler & Michelle said...

I love your apartment. Too cute!

Jacob Burdis said...

Hey, your guys' new apartment is way nice!! How are things going with both of your new jobs??