I know this post is a little delayed. I started writing it a few days ago and never finished. This Labor Day Tagg and I went to San Antonio. My sister went through the temple and received her endowment! I was so happy we could be there with her to support her. It was a great session and it was so nice to have almost our whole family there in the temple. I love going to the temple so much. It means a lot more to me now than it did before we had Zach. Every time I enter the Celestial Room it has a totally different feeling now. I can often feel Zach's spirit closest to me in the temple which is no surprise.
We were supposed to bless Zach the Sunday before Labor Day so this was a nice distraction. Someone in my parents' ward blessed their baby that Sunday and I had to leave because it was just too hard. Apparently everyone else that had babies around the same time I had Zach and Zach's due date planned the same thing. I saw so many pictures of people on facebook and so many announcements that they would be blessing their baby that Sunday. All of that made me miss Zach a lot. Ever since we started planning when we would bless him I imagined taking that photo in front of the church with all the family that could come and one proud mommy and daddy holding the little one wearing white. I was so excited that that proud mommy would finally be me! I have wanted to be a mom basically since the time I was 8. On Mother's Day, the day we went into the hospital because I hadn't felt him move, we had been at a baby blessing for Tagg's cousin's little boy and I had all those same thoughts! Excitement and anticipation about the day we could bless our little guy. The good news is Tagg did get to bless him. From what I remember it was a beautiful blessing. I don't remember much though. Tagg gave him the blessing before we laid him in his treasure chest . (That's what I call his casket) I was a proud mom, but I was too heart broken to really feel it at that time.
I found this video on you tube about the temple. It makes me cry every time I watch it. Especially towards the end. Watch it and you will understand why.
On Labor Day we went to the lake before we headed back to Dallas. It was sure nice to get a break from school and work. It was nice to be able to spend time with family and with some of my nieces and nephews too! Overall it was a fun weekend filled with family, games, fun, and good food!
4 comments:
I didn't know Megan was going through the temple but that is awesome!!! What great blessings the temple brings. You are still such a good example to me and your testimony is so beautiful. I love you Mag. Chris and I still pray for you guys and I hope it helps! Love you :)
I love the "treasure chest." What a treasure little Zach is to you and Tagg! I'm glad you guys live as close to the temple as you do so you can have many opportunities to be in the celestial room and feel Zach so close.
Katie, you really are a source of strength and testimony.
I look up to you in so many ways. Thank you for sharing.
Miss you!
The temples are so beautiful. Blessing your baby is one special day, but don't forget that every day Zach is blessing your life in so many ways. I am sure he looks down on you and Tagg and continues to grow as he watches your examples. He loves you so much! :)
Post a Comment