Dear Beckett,
Today, you are 6 months old! I can't believe how fast the past 6 months have gone. I feel a little guilty that it's taken me this long to write you a letter. I've tried to write you before, but it's hard to find the words to express how you've changed my life. You've filled my empty arms and mended my broken heart in ways I didn't think was possible. You've brought into my life happiness and love that I didn't know existed. I love watching you learn more and grow every day. Your smile melts my heart and your laugh always brightens my day. You charm everyone you meet by giving them that huge squinty eyed smile. You've taught me just as much about my Heavenly Father's love for me with your life, as your brother taught me with his death. I feel a little closer to heaven every time I stare into your eyes. Sometimes I hold you a little longer and a little tighter, just because I can. I will never regret moments spent holding you. I love when I rock you and sing to you before I put you to bed and your little hand reaches up to touch my mouth. I love when I get you out of your crib in the morning and you rest your head on my shoulder. Sometimes you are a little bashful and shy. You'll tuck that chin down and make the sweetest little face. You still love looking at the handsome boy in the mirror. You are a good eater (obviously) and a good sleeper. You'll wake up in your crib and just play for a while in the morning. I love that about you! You are rolling around like crazy and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you start crawling. Daddy coming home is your favorite time of day. You're always so excited to see him! He can get you to laugh like no one else can. You still love to take baths and splash in the tub. Shampoo-py the puppy is your favorite tub toy. You smile every time you see him. You are pretty good at sitting up but still need a little more practice before I can sit you up and walk away. You always sneeze in twos and they always seem to come right after I've put a spoonful of food in your mouth! I think your favorite food is brisket. You almost got away with trying some the other day. You're starting to get a little too quick with those hands. You definitely make life worth living and you give meaning to everything I do on a daily basis. I think back to that moment they laid you in my arms and it was love at first sight. You have already grown so much since then.
I'm trying to take it all in. Your smell, your smiles, your laughs, your coos, your squeals, your sneezes, your cries, and your "babyness." Because before I know it you will no longer be my little baby. I love you Beckett! (all 21 lbs of you) More than you will probably ever be able to understand. I'm so grateful you were sent into my life when you were. Heavenly Father must have sent me one of his most favorite spirits!
Love,
Your Mom



8 comments:
21 pounds?!? Dang, boy, you really are a good eater!! It's so fun to hear about all the little things he's doing. Makes me think back to Kaden at that age and makes me smile with all the memories. Miss you guys!
I just LOVED this post! It made me so happy and I even cried a little bit! Beckett gets bigger and bigger everytime I see him! Some day I will actually get to meet him! Miss your guts!
Love this post! What a lucky little boy to have a Mommy & Daddy like you and a big brother in heaven! I feel so many of the things that you feel when I hold our little Grayson I feel closer to heaven so beautifully put! 21lbs of Love he is absolutly adorable! I love the pic of him sleeping with his round perfect little face! We are so grateful Beckett is part of your darling family!
Thanks for writing this babe! You're certainly the perfect mom for some perfect boys! I wouldn't want Beckett to spend his days with anyone else, and its so comforting to know he's being raised in the right... Cougar blue, John Deere green and loving the Rangers and brisket! Thanks for highlighting all the wonderful about Beckett so we don't forget them. Love you!
What a cute boy! And he looks so much like you Katie (except obviously a boy version!) I wish you lived closer so I could meet him and our boys could hang out sometime. It is so fun to read about him and your family though.
Happy Half Birthday Beckett! I love that picture in his bumbo with Cereal all over his face. Too cute. Believe me, I can attest to the fact that it goes so fast. Enjoy every minute of this phase. They get too big too fast. I know it's cliche and everyone says it but it is SO true. We love you Beckett and are so glad you came into our family. Can't wait to spend more time with him at Christmas!
Oh my goodness, I just loved that. I don't even know what to say! And that photo of him sleeping in his brown jumper gets me laughing every time! I love it! Happy half birthday, Beckett!
I LOVE YOU!!! I agree with everyone here!
Post a Comment