Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer

Nothing says summer quite like this picture does!
We've been having a great summer so far!  Beckett and I go swimming with some of our friends pretty much every day. We have also gone to the splash pad a few times.  The first time we went he LOVED it.   Another mom told me that Beckett was fearless.  He would crawl right into the sprinkelers and get splashed right in the face.  We went back to the splash pad a few days later and the water was a lot colder plus there was a breeze so it wasn't quite as fun as the previous time.  I'm sure we will be spending a lot more time there to endure this Texas heat!
 Other than that, we've just been spending time together at home.  Beckett has taken a few steps, but doesn't seem to have any real interest in walking.  He's 14 months today, so hopefully sometime soon he'll decide he wants to walk.  He is definitely being more toddler and less baby.  He knows what he wants, and he will do whatever it takes to get it.  He keeps me so busy and I end every day exhausted.  He's getting his last molar now and once that comes in he'll have 12 teeth!
The other day I gave Beckett some cheerios in one of those containers that has a lid he can put his hand into and pull out cheerios. Well, his hand got stuck so he took the lid off and dumped the cheerios out and ate them that way.
Beckett has perfected the stink eye.  We've been getting this look a lot!
and this look...
Beckett loves to crawl with things under his hands.  Usually phones or remotes, but sometimes also with pizza pans.
 Love me some chunky legs!

I'll give you one guess who got Beckett dressed for church...
 That's right...it was Tagg.
And last but not least, who knew you could make bread in a dutch oven? My mother-in-law did.  She gave us a great recipe and we tried it and it was really yummy!

3 comments:

Rose Jorgensen said...

He's so cute and I love his chunky legs! He'll walk when he's ready, and he'll be doing it in no time! Take care, and continue to enjoy your summer while he's still small! I know I am! xo

McKenna said...

I LOVE this post and all the pictures of Beckett! Seriously, he needs to be best friends with Sawyer! Come on July!!!! I can't wait for you guys to come!!!

Unknown said...

Love the AC/DC look, Beckett!