4th of July is my 2nd favorite holiday. I love the pride everyone displays for this great country. I love thinking about my grandpas, grandma, Dad, and many other family members and friends who have served our country and are still serving to keep us safe and free! Even with things as crazy as they are here in America, we are SO blessed! I love the heat, the BBQs, the fireworks, swimming, family time and everything else that goes along with the 4th! We had a low key, but fun filled 4th this year. We started out by going to the ward breakfast at church. We decided to get B's face painted while we were there. He was actually pretty still for it and he sat long enough to get a star on one cheek and USA on the other cheek. I think it tickled him because he kept making the funniest faces as she would paint.
Tagg and his dad played catch for a little while and we watched.
Love this little dude!
We had a yummy BBQ with burgers, corn on the cob, potato salad, watermelon, a yummy fruit pizza and of course, guacamole!
 |
| I found this drink idea on pinterest and thought I would give it a try. Turned out pretty cute. |
We went and watched firworks and Gena got some great pictures!
I just love this holiday!
And, here are a few pictures that aren't from the 4th but I forgot to post them earlier. Ned and Gena bought this little pool for Beckett and he loves it!
 |
| I know I'm partial, but isn't he the most beautiful baby ever! |
Finally all caught up! We head to Utah this week for a fun summer vacation. Can't wait!
6 comments:
So fun! It looks like you guys had a fabulous 4th! See you soon!!!!!
Haha, I tried that drink with my family too! But... it didn't turn out as well. Story of my life. I can't wait to see you this month!!
Beckett is so cute, and growing up so fast! Glad y'all had an enjoyable fourth!
Looks like such a fun 4th. I love that you guys were all dressed in red, white and blue. You have a darling family! Love you guys!
Looks like you had a great 4th of July. Glad you had a good time with Ned and Gena - and the little pool...what a GREAT idea! Glad you had a fun 4th of July, but we definitely missed you in Utah. :)
Hi katie!
You don't know me but a friend of mine lead me to your blog! We lost twin girls almost 2 years ago so as I read your blog about Zach, I can't help but bawl my little eyes out! It is helpful and heart warming to know that I am not alone! Reading your story just brought back all the memories I have of our precious girls! It's heartbreaking and sometimes it feels like it is hard to live and be happy but at the same time it gives you something to live for and strive for. You want to be the best person you can be so that when you see him again, he can be proud of who you are and who he is a part of! If that makes sense! Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and thank you for your blog and your openness about your little Zach! :) I enjoyed "blog stalking" you! hee hee!
Post a Comment