Beckett has become very attached to his blanket and his sock monkey, Steve. He wants to take them everywhere. A few weeks ago I told Beckett we were going to leave and he stopped and waited in front of the door like this. So sweet!
It is fall at our house now! Beckett like the new decorations and we are loving the somewhat cooler weather. It's in the 80s this week but it has been in the 70s a lot this month!
One of B's favorite things to do is plug his ears. We've made it into a game where we pretend to talk when he plugs his ears and then we talk really loud when he unplugs them. He thinks it's hilarious. Now, if we don't do it when he plugs his ears, he will do it himself and start yelling when he unplugs his ears.
The other day, Beckett had been awake from his nap for a while, but I kept hearing him laugh. After about 30 mins I heard a huge crash and crying. I thought he tried to climb out of his crib and fell, but when I walked in, I saw this. His mobile had broken and fallen in the crib. I love how he somehow managed to get the Book of Mormon from the rocking chair and put that in his crib too. This kid LOVES The Book of Mormon.
All ready to go to church. Seriously, do they get any cuter than this?
Family Home Evening at the park
Beckett got a fun Halloween package from GG and Grandude. This shirt is one of the things they sent.
We've been spending a lot of time at the park these days as well.
Last Saturday, the 13th, Tagg and my sister ran a half marathon. My parents came up to support them so we had a fun filled weekend. Here they are ready to start the race.
Here is Tagg crossing the finish line. He ran it in 2 hours and 3 mins! I'm so proud of him. Megan was a few minutes behind and finished in 2 hours and 17 mins. I think.Our little family after the race. Tagg is excited to start training for another one at some point!
Beckett was all about the medal Tagg got!
Megan and Tagg with their cool medals!
So the other day, Beckett came running out of the pantry like this. Apparently I need to move the marshmallows to a higher shelf. My favorite thing about all of this is that he realized if he stuffed one in his mouth he could still hold one in each hand.I know he looks like he's about to throw up in this picture but really I just caught him in between chews.
Probably my favorite of all the pictures I got.
Stuffing another one in his mouth.
Tagg planned our date night on Saturday. It was brought to us by the letter A. We started out eating appetizers and Austin Avenue Grill. They ended up only being adaquate instead of amazing.
After that, we went to the Allen High School football game. They just built a new stadium for the football team that seats over 18,000 people. Now, I grew up in Texas and I'm used to Texas high school football being a big deal, but this stadium was just ridiculous. It cost over 60 MILLION dollars! It seriously felt like you were at a college football game. Plus, they have one of the largest bands in the country with over 800 students. CRAZY! It is actually almost cooler to be in the band than play football. It was fun to go to a game and see the stadium from the inside. Beckett loved it! He was cheering and clapping and waving and basically just loving life!
This was on our walk to the stadium from where we parked. Have you ever seen a happier boy?
The band during the half time performance.
After the game we watched The Avengers while we ate Almond M&Ms and Andes mints. The letter A was a great date! Hopefully when I plan B it can be just as fun!
Tagg will be out of town for his birthday so we celebrated last night with some peanut butter pie. So delicious. His birthday is on Tuesday and I'm sure he'd appreciate a call or text from all of you since he'll be at a trade show that day. :)And at some point during the last few weeks Tagg decided Beckett would be Darth Vader for Halloween. At first I thought that was a little dark for an 18 month old, but then when he mentioned the Volkswagen commercials with that little boy, I decided I was okay with it.
Life is pretty great right now. Last night Tagg was talking about all the great and amazing things that have happened this past year and we truly have been blest. The list was pretty long and it was a good reminder that even though we've been through another very trying experience, Heavenly Father has blessed us SO much.
5 comments:
What a cute and fun update. Glad your October's been fun :) Beckett is the cutest! Oh, and I like the "letter A" date idea...We'll have to keep that in mind!
What a great update. First of all, Beckett is the cutest! I am SERIOUSLY so excited to see him in just about a month! The marshmallows...that kills me. Your date night looks so much fun, how creative! I love your fall decorations too. I'm glad you've had some cooler weather. You should make it to North Dakota, we've got nothing BUT cool weather:) Oh and you look great by the way...as always. Seriously hope you're doing well without Tagg. We can't wait to see you ALL!
I loved this update!!! Beckett is so cute and I really love that picture of him all ready for church! What a smart boy with the marshmallow tactic as well. Jeez, I wish we lived closer!!!
again, so much to say. first of all, your house is beautiful! i love all your hard wood floors... and do you play the piano? super cool. second. lincoln has that shirt that beckett is wearing with the blue strips and "diggers" on it... from wally world. i might just mention that it is his favorite shirt in his closet. um... beckett dressed for church in his cardigan just might be the cutest thing i have seen today. seriously. and that smile.....!! so adorable. you dress him so cute. i love all his shoes!! super cool that tagg ran a half marathon in such a great time. give him a high five from me. i am running a 5k this saturday and i am pretty sure i might be over his half marathon time. :) love the marshmallow pics. that is the favorite treat at our house too!! and what a cool date idea with the letters of the alphabet. i am totally going to do that with trace. seriously so fun! and tagg did such a great job planning it! love the little darth vader. he is so cute. and last (sorry this is a mile long) you look so adorable! seriously katie!! you are beautiful. ok. that's all. love you!
I love doing a date based on a letter in the alphabet. Beckett sure is a cutie. Glad you are enjoying Dallas! Brian is out there working Mon-Thurs every week for the next few months.
Post a Comment