Through this loss and our loss with Zach, I've been amazed at how some of the people you think will care the most, are the ones that don't say anything at all. However, people I barely know have been so willing to extend their hand of friendship, love and support. Through these trials that I've been through I've developed some of the best friendships with unexpected people. I will never forget the card we recently got from the realtor that helped us find our rental house. We barely knew her and haven't spoken to her since January, but when she heard about what happened through a mutual friend, she wanted to do what she could to ease the pain.
I continue to be reminded what is most important in this life. My little family is the most important thing to me and I am trying to cherish every day I have with them. Beckett is getting so big and I can't believe how fast the past year and a half has gone. I didn't know it was physically possible to feel so much joy and happiness just looking at Beckett and knowing that he is mine! I'm so blessed. And as I've recently been wondering if Heavenly Father is really aware of me and my trials, I was so grateful for the messages shared in the Relief Society Broadcast last week. I really felt like every talk was given just for me and my current trial. Heavenly Father is shaping me so that I can reflect Him. He is chipping away at me so His image can be in my countenance. I just can't wait until I get to the other side and can see everything from His perspective and understand why He chose to shape me with these particular trials.
Because blogging is therapeutic for me, I feel like I most often blog after I've had a tough day. I really am for the most part doing good though. I just don't think to blog my thoughts on the good days. And for those of you that read this whole post, here is your reward. Cute videos of Beckett. The first one is some of his current tricks. He lost interest towards the end. The middle one is what Beckett does whenever he closes a door. I started making the reverse beeping sound when I needed him to move so I could close the door and now he thinks he has to make that sound every time he closes a door. So funny! The last one is when I finally got him to say what a lion says on camera. He's so stinkin' cute!
6 comments:
Katie,
You continually amaze me. I have never ever known someone with so much faith and testimony in our Heavenly Father's plan. You are right--slowly you are being perfected into that amazing daughter of God that He sees in you. Be proud of your family and proud of your testimony.
I appreciate you sharing your trials and lessons along the way. I don't know if you realize the important lessons you are passing on to us readers.
I hope our paths cross soon. I do miss our college days. :)
You are such a good example of faith and strength! Just keep remembering that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us that is a million times better than the best plan that we could come up with. And Beckett is so handsome! He just keeps getting cuter!
I'm so sorry that you have such tough days. I would too. You are amazing. I thought of you a lot during the Relief Society Broadcast. Especially the first talk about how the atonement compensates for things in this life that are unfair. If anything is unfair, it's the trials you've had to endure. I hope you were able to find some comfort in their words. We're continually praying that you find the answers you need and that another little spirit will join your family soon. The videos of Beckett are darling! My favorite is the door closing and the beeping. SO CUTE! I love his cute personality. I can't wait to see him and get to know him better and I can't wait for him and Liam to get to know each other better too. Liam wanted to watch ALL the videos of "Eckett." He is such a sweetheart. Sure hope you have a good day today! Love you all!
Sorry to comment again but I just had to tell you, I left your blog to go back to ours and Liam came back in the room and DEMANDED to watch the video of Beckett on the slide again. Ha ha! That is such a cute one too!
Katie, you are such an amazing example. I know that you have rough days/weeks, but seeing you be able to come out of that and share your testimony of these devastating trials is so inspiring to me. Reading your testimony of the gospel has strengthened mine enormously. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this blog.
The videos of Beckett are adorable. I love his beeps as he closes the door. What a little cutie. I love you!
I love reading your blog. Seriously. I get so much strength from it. i can't believe how amazing you are after all you have been through. i love reading your testimony. i love how you never hold anything back. pain. fear. sadness... you just lay it all out. it takes a lot of guts to do that and you will never know how many people have been strengthened by your testimony and faith. i thought about you during conference... about the talk about losing a loved one. i hope it helped ease the pain a little. i can't imagine going through everything you've been through. beckett is so cute. i love the "beep beep beep!" seriously adorable. i am glad that you are having mostly good days. i wish we could all get together and laugh until our stomachs hurt and eat fro yo and pass along the jeans... hopefully some day soon! love you!
Post a Comment