Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Land That I Love

I was raised to have a great love and respect for this nation.  Having a Father and Grandparents that willingly and happily served our country for so many years is an honor.  I know that so many people have given their lives to defend our country and the great freedoms we have here.
That being said, I am disappointed but not surprised by last nights results.  America is the Promised Land, but we know we are living in the last days.  We know the Earth is being prepared for our Savior to come again and rule and reign over the world.  We know it must get worse, much worse actually, before it can get better.  I truly believe that if Mitt Romney had become the President last night, this nation would be much improved.  I don't think Heavenly Father thinks Obama is the best leader for this country, but I do believe it's part of His plan.  A plan that will one day include a Kingdom being set up on this Earth that will not be destroyed.
The thing that worries me the most are the states that legalized gay marriage and recreational marijuana use.  Where have our values gone? The attack on the family is in full force and I hope I can be a wise enough mother to prepare my children to be valiant and courageous in being different and standing up for what they believe in.  We've been told over and over again to "Be Prepared!"  I will continue with a renewed effort to do all I can prepare myself and my family physically and spiritually for the 2nd coming of our Savior.  Whether it happens in my lifetime or not, it is coming and it is getting closer and closer.

4 comments:

Lynette Williams said...

Well said, Katie. I couldn't agree with you more. The thing that was the most telling for me last night was listening to the woman senator (don't know her name) proudly announce that she was the only "openly gay" person serving in the United States Senate. To this comment the crowd went absolutely wild - cheering, high fiveing, waving their banners etc. This went on for several minutes. We have truly lost our moral compass.

amberdat said...

AMEN! couldn't have said it better myself. i was crushed.

Amy said...

Well said, Katie! I think I'm more inspired to be prepared now, too.

McKenna said...

So true. I'm not as worried about the next 4 years as I am about what the next 4 years will lead to in 10 or 20 years. But ready or not, here we go.