I stumbled upon an article a few weeks ago titled, "When You Think Your Love Story Is Boring" and I've been thinking about it a lot recently. It starts out with a post that some teenager made at some point probably on facebook or twitter.
"My love life will never be satisfactory until someone runs through an airport to stop me from getting on a flight."
The author goes on to say,"There is a rumor, an urban myth, a fiction, a fantasy, a black-and-white screen cliché that love looks like the mad, romantic dash through airports for a last chance at a flailing kiss.And then the credits roll.And the lights come on.And we must go back to our real lives where we forget that love really lives."
She talks about how love looks like so many ordinary moments stitched together. She ends the article by saying, "And this is a love life -- to live life each small, sometimes unbearably tedious moment -- together."
I'm so lucky to have such an amazing man that I can share all of my ordinary moments with. If there's anything I've learned over the past 5 years it's that I really can do anything as long as Tagg is with me and we do it together. He is my rock and support through everything. It's not grand romantic gestures that make love great. It's the fact that he gets up with the kids so I can sleep a little longer in the morning. It's doing dishes, laundry, and even the occasional bathroom scour when I don't get to it during the day. It's changing sheets in the middle of the night because you were sprayed with projectile newborn pee and poop. It's in the nitty gritty moments when I'm at my worst, my patience is thin, I look horrendous and he somehow still loves me and thinks he's lucky to be mine.
So, I'll take a boring love story any day over a romantic dash through the airport.
You can read the whole article here
.jpg)
3 comments:
So so true! So glad you've found your true love who makes the "tedious" reality of life extraordinary. I feel the same way. Grateful for these Petersen men in our lives.
Thanks for the update! ;-)
I love this! What a great thought and update!
Post a Comment