If you don't want read about the birth, just skip to the pictures.
Wednesday, July 17th finally came! I was 38 weeks pregnant and ready to get him here. I had to be at the hospital at 5 AM. I was actually happy I needed to be there that early because it's not like I slept at all the night before. I think I got a total of maybe an hour and half of total sleep. I tested positive for Strep B which just meant I needed 4 hours of antibiotic before I delivered so the baby didn't get it also. They finally got me all hooked up and ready to go and at that point it was just a waiting game. I figured my doctor wouldn't be around to break my water until at least 9 or 10 so that I received the correct amount of antibiotic before delivery. However, 9 and 10 came and went and still no doctor. Pretty soon it was noon and still no doctor. Apparently she got stuck in surgery all morning. A 15 year old girl had a massive tumor on her ovary and my doctor spent the morning removing it. The surgery went well and my doc saved the girl's ovary in the process so she can still have kids one day. When my doctor finally came to break my water at 1:30 I joked with her that it was her fault I hadn't had my baby yet. She told me I did a good deed though in delaying my labor so she could save a girl's ovary. I guess that was worth the wait. My labor with Beckett was about 5 hours so I thought this labor was going to go quicker. With a 5 AM arrival time, I thought I would have him by the early afternoon. Once she broke my water, I got the epidural and continued to wait and wait until finally I was ready to push. I think it was around 6:20 when they started getting the room ready for delivery. As soon as she checked me and told me I was ready to push, I started shaking so bad. I think it was the adrenalin and the excitement setting in. Pushing was way harder this time than it was with Beckett. I pushed 2 times with Beckett and he was here. I felt like I pushed for an hour this time. My doctor was so great and coaching me and keeping me calm as we waited for contractions to come. Finally, after an exhausting 15 minutes or so, at 6:38, he was here! It was a very emotional experience for me. In ways it was more emotional when I saw him than when I saw Beckett. I think it was because I had never really bonded with him while he was inside me out of fear that something was going to go wrong. When I finally saw him it was an amazing feeling knowing the he was here safe and sound.
After everything settled down and we were able to spend some time alone with him, we decided on the name Griffin. I was surprised how much he looked like Beckett. Seriously, I think they look like the same kid. Griffin's hair is darker and Beckett had bigger cheeks, but other than that, they look the same.
It's go time!
Griffin Duke Petersen, 6:38 pm, 8lbs 4oz, 19 inches
I love Beckett's face in this picture. He seems a little confused about this tiny little person his dad is holding.
For some reason my babies are born with low blood sugars. They didn't check Griff's sugars until we told them that Beckett had low blood sugars when he was born. It's a good thing they checked them because they were pretty low. Everyone got to take turns feeding him a bottle to get his sugars up.
Beckett's so ready to be done.
The Petersen Men
All wrapped up and ready to go home.








10 comments:
So much fun! We are seriously so happy he's here safe and sound! He is so darling and I love how much he looks like Beckett...they will be darling brothers! Hope you are adjusting well! Can't wait to see more pictures! We sure love you all!
So much fun! We are seriously so happy he's here safe and sound! He is so darling and I love how much he looks like Beckett...they will be darling brothers! Hope you are adjusting well! Can't wait to see more pictures! We sure love you all!
What a sweet little guy, I love that he already has a double chin! I'm sure that last week felt like an eternity, especially when you had an earlier date in mind the whole time. I hope you are adjusting well to your new little one and enjoying not being pregnant. You have certainly put your time in to get your boys here and I'm so glad Griffin made it safe and sound!
So happy for you guys! :)
Thanks for posting, I have been very impatiently waiting to hear all the details. Talk about blog stalk!! I'm so glad he is here. I just read a post about what not to say to new mothers, it seemed to list everything. So I'll just say congrats and leave it at that. PS I think Tag has got to be one of the best husband/dads EVER!! He is so sweet and you can tell he loves you and his boys so much!! You both are very lucky to have each other. You seem to be the perfect fit, ALL of you together!!
SO MANY POSTS!! I love it!! You are seriously Super Mom!
LOVE this post!!! I've been waiting so anxiously for it! He is so precious and you look wayyy too fabulous for just having birthed a child! I am so happy he is here safe and sound. When you wrote that you hadn't bonded with him until he was here it broke my heart and made me beyond thrilled that you have a perfect little baby to love on and be enamored with. It's so wonderful!
So happy for you guys!! I love the first close up of Griffin's face. It looks like he's giving you a thumbs up. I would too if I were born into your family! The first few weeks might be rough with 2 kids (it was for me) and how to handle and give attention to both, but I'm sure you'll do great and get the hang of it. And it will be so fun!! Congratulations!
YAY! So fun to read all the updates. I can't wait to get there next week and do some cheek squishing and kissing. Love you guys!
This is amazing. I tear up every time I look at the pictures! I am so. happy. for you! what a sweet little guy- and how lucky are you to be spoiled with so many boys that will think you are the most amazing woman in their lives! oh. and that picture of tagg on his dad's lap with his boys on his lap is hilarious. that needs to be framed. post more pictures. hope you are recovering well. loves!!!!
Post a Comment