Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Life With KidS!

Probably the question I get most is, "How are you adjusting to having 2 kids?" or something like that. Well, to be honest, some days are good and easy, and some days are quite tricky and have me pulling my hair out. I think I'm starting to get the hang of things now that Griffin is 2 months old.  We spent a lot of time at home in the beginning.  Really the only place I went was the grocery store.  Can I just say that I wish every store had double carts like Costco where there's room for 2 kids to ride up front.  I can't tell you how many loaves of bread Beckett has taken a bite out of (with the wrapper on) while sitting in the back of the cart.  Anyway, we still haven't ventured out too many places.  Mostly play dates and going on walks with my new double stroller that I'm in love with.  Most of my days that are hard are because Beckett has more meltdowns and tantrums.  I guess it's his age. Beckett is such a sweet big brother though.  He loves Griff so much and always wants to give him hugs and kisses.  If he can't see Griffin he says, "where Griffin go?" I love watching him interact with his little brother. Griffin really is a great baby!  He still mostly sleeps and eats.  He has started only waking up once in the middle of the night around 3.  I'm hoping he will soon be sleeping through the night without any feedings.  Beckett did a solid 12 hours by 3 months so I'm really hoping Griff will do the same! Life is definitely just busier all around with 2 kiddos.  I haven't really had any time to blog so here's what we've been up to.
A few newborn pics that Gena took.  I can't believe how big Griff's gotten in just 2 months!
I love these two cute boys!
Beckett is such a good big brother!
First time to the grocery store
 Beckett had to get in on the action when Griff had his first bath.
 Griffin's first baseball game was much less intense than Beckett's.  No tornados or heavy rain.
Griffin is such a smiley baby and he's even starting to laugh now.  I love hearing him figure out how to make the laughing sound instead of a crying sound.  Half the time I think he's sad and I look down and he's got the biggest smile on his face.  I hope we'll be getting full on giggles pretty soon!
We went to San Antonio for a weekend in August.  All of my siblings were there so we had a mini reunion.
We took Beckett to see Planes while we were in San Antonio.  He did pretty good until the end.  Too much soda apparently because he had to go to the bathroom 3 different times the last 20 minutes of the movie.  Plus, he stood up on the seat and fell through the middle crack and wouldn't calm down after that. 
On our way home from San Antonio, we stopped in Round Rock to get the Texas Sized donut!  It was SO yummy!

We celebrated my birthday at Texas Roadhouse.  I love the napkin bib Tagg put on Beckett!

The boys watched their first BYU game of the season.  Tagg was one proud papa!
 Griff went to his 2nd baseball game while Grandude babysat Beckett.  
Every night before Beckett goes to bed we have him clean up and put his cars away.  I had to laugh one night when I found his cars like this.  He likes to build towers now and apparently he thought he'd build one with his cars.
 And recently Griff has gotten much chunkier!  I love my fat little boys!
Tagg said, "He looks like King Noah when Abinadi was preaching to him" 
The past two months, I've learned that with 2 kids there's more crying (from everyone), more craziness, more laughter and a lot more love!  Plus, if I happen to get a shower, I hit the jackpot that day!

4 comments:

Lynette Williams said...

Oh Katie....these blogs are just so much fun to read. I feel like I'm right there when these funny things happen - even when I'm not. Glad I got to share in a lot of this and look forward to more fun posts.

Clark and Liesel said...

Love reading all your fun blog posts! So glad your little boy is here and that everything went ok with your delivery. I totally hear ya about having more craziness and crying sometimes but also lots of love. So so so true!!

Amanda Petersen said...

Yay for updates! You sound like you are doing amazing with two kids. It really does get even easier....although there are still those days that you want to pull your hair out and you just sit on the floor in tears :) but there are so many more happy days too. It is SO fun to see your little one become a big brother and you'll love as Griffin gets older to see how readily he loves Beckett and just accepts Beckett as a major part of his life. It will be so fun to watch Griff acknowledge and pay attention to Beckett..and Beckett will LOVE it. So much fun! It will be so fun to see you guys in a couple of months and meet this sweet and chubby little guy! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I love this!!! Griff is seriously so chunky, I just can't even handle it. You look GORGEOUS Mag. Like really, you just birthed a child??? I can't believe how smiley Griffin is too, it is just too cute! I love reading your blogs especially when you post about things like this, because it gives me a little more heads up on what my future will be like someday. Keep these pictures coming!