Sunday, January 12, 2014

December

December was a busy month filled with lots of fun things.  I still feel like we didn't get to do half the things I wanted to do.  Thanksgiving being so late in the month really threw me off!
At the beginning of the month, I picked up a name from Angel Tree.  We got a 3 year old boy to donate toys for in honor of Zach.  My parents wanted to pitch in some money also so we were able to get him some great thing for Christmas.  The paper said he needed a car seat and he wanted trucks.  I felt good about what I purchased for him because Beckett wanted to play with everything.
The first weekend of December brought on a huge ice storm here in Dallas.  They were calling it "ice-agedon". I personally think the storm in February of 2011 was much worse.  However, everything did shut down for a few days.  They even canceled church because of the ice. All of this looks like snow, but it's really just ice.
So many trees on our street lost branches and limbs.  It was crazy.  Our neighbors tree split completely in half.  It's amazing the destruction that ice can do.
Of course, our water heater decided to leak the first day of the storm but luckily we were able to get it fixed that afternoon.  So besides our storage room and Tagg's office flooding, and not having hot water for the day, we survived just fine.  I'm so grateful we had power the entire time as many people didn't.
We were supposed to have a Christmas party with some friends but the ice storm ruined those plans.  Instead, we had a sleep over at Ned and Gena's apartment.  
These boys are growing up so fast!  I love this little elf of mine. 
 Beckett decided playing with stickers was way more fun that taking a nap.  He's such a silly little boy.
Beckett really doesn't like loud noises.  We always have to warn him when something is going to be loud.  He always runs away and plugs his ears like this.
 Griff is such a happy and smiley little man.  It's so fun to see his personality come to life.
Tagg had some really successful things happen at work.  We went out to celebrate and I let him decide where he wanted to go.  Of course he chose the one place I refuse to eat at...Taco Bell.  He's living large.
Tagg gave me an early Christmas present.  I've asked for the Fisher Price nativity for so many years but he's never gotten it for me.  This year, I didn't put it on my list, but he decided to get it.  It was Beckett's favorite toy.  He would play with it forever.
 I loved seeing the different things he'd put on top of the manger. This particular time it was baby Jesus. 
Our ward Christmas party was Polar Express themed. Beckett was ecstatic.  He became obsessed with The Polar Express movie and would watch it all day, every day if I let him.  
I was so excited for the gifts we were giving Beckett for Christmas.  We got him all sorts of Cars things. Well, Beckett got up on Santa's lap and the first thing he said he wanted was TRAINS! I couldn't believe it.  Santa had to do a little last minute shopping to make that dream a reality.  
I have absolutely loved watching these boys play together.  I'm sure as Griff gets older it will just get better, and probably a little bit harder as Beckett learns to share.  I hope they will be best buds their whole life!
Up next, Christmas with the Petersen family.

1 comment:

Amanda Petersen said...

So fun! I love that Tagg chose Taco Bell for a celebration dinner. Congratulations Tagg! It's fun to see what the ice storm looked like. It's hard for me to imagine Texas with "snow." (Even though I know it was ice.) I love that Beckett threw you for a loop with the trains at Christmas. So classic! I think he was a pretty happy boy though. I sure love these two cute boys and I'm sure looking forward to getting to know them better and watching them grow up. You guys really did have an eventful December. Love your cute family!