Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day this year.  We spent the morning together as a family.  Tagg and the boys spoiled me and took great care of me.  The boys gave me crackers, Gatorade, cards, and the best present of all.  Tagg helped Beckett record a CD of him singing all of his favorite songs for me.  It's in true 3 year old fashion and I love it.  I told Tagg he has to promise to do the same thing with all of our kids at the same age.  It is truly probably my favorite gift I've ever been given. Tagg also got me a pretty amazing gift.  We are going to San Diego for 6 days in August.  Tagg doesn't have to work and we are leaving the kids here!  It will be 6 days of relaxing fun with no interruptions or anything else to think about. I can't wait. Truthfully, I'm really nervous about leaving the boys.  I know they'll be fine and probably won't even notice I'm gone, but I've never been away from them for more than one night.  It makes my heart hurt a little bit thinking of being away from them for that long, but I'm sure all the fun we'll be having will help distract me.
We had the missionaries over for breakfast and then they were able to Skype their families after we ate.  It made me a little teary thinking that I would be on the other end of that Skype call in just 15 or 16 years.  That seems like a long time, but I know it will be here before I know it.
We were able to Skype my mom and wish her a Happy Mother's day. We gave her a few pictures of the boys with dandelions.  My friend took some family pictures for us a month ago and when I saw dandelions around I knew I wanted to get a few pictures for my mom.  Dandelions are kind of a big deal in our family and it started with my grandma so I knew she'd love it. Aren't these pictures amazing?
Church was great and I only cried once throughout the day.  The primary kids got up to sing and the tears just started streaming down my face.  I was really trying to have a happy day after Zach's birthday the previous day. But, I started thinking about how Zach would've been up there singing and I lost it.  And as a side note, I'm already nervous about next Mother's Day since it will also be Zach's birthday. Good thing I have a year to gear up for it.
After church we went to Ned and Gena's house for dinner.  The boys had all the fixin's for homemade pizza. It was delicious and again we were well taken care of.
Turns out I didn't take any pictures on Mother's Day, but I'm so thankful I get to be a mom to my sweet boys. They keep me busy, happy and at times crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm grateful for the amazing examples I have in my life of what it means to be a good mom.  My own mom, my mother-in-law, my sisters and my sisters-in-law are all amazing women and I'm lucky to have them in my life!
I'm also lucky to have this amazing man who treats me well and loves me and the boys more than anything else in the world. It was a Happy Mother's Day indeed!

1 comment:

Amanda Petersen said...

Those pictures of your boys are darling! Seriously so cute! Glad you had a nice day. Your San Diego trip will be so fun! I'm glad you'll get to do that. Your family is darling so glad we are close enough to watch these boys grow up. Liam is missing his best friend Beckett...he prays for him every day. See you in a few days!