Sunday, June 6, 2010
4 weeks
Today, I thought I would be four weeks away from having Zach. However, it has now been four weeks since we stepped foot into American Fork Hospital and received the news that has changed our lives forever. I feel like part of me is still in shock and hasn't fully realized what has happened. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm actually not pregnant anymore. When I feel my stomach grumble I think my baby is moving. Then the realization sets in and I remember everything I have gone through the past 4 weeks. That's always a depressing moment. Overall, things are getting better. I cry a little less everyday. Every few days I will have a hard day again and I feel like I'm back where I started. It's still hard to be around pregnant women and to see little newborn babies. I wonder if I will always have a pit in my stomach when I see a pregnant lady, wishing that was still me. Sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable in my own skin. Being pregnant was part of my identity. Being a mom was going to be my identity after the 4th of July. Now all of that has been taken away and at times I just feel awkward, like I am not quite sure what to do or where I fit in. When I hear of my friends getting pregnant or having a baby I feel so jealous towards them. I try to be happy for them, because I really do hate feeling jealous. I just hope they know how lucky they are! Then I remember how blessed I am to have an angel baby. To have such a perfect spirit join my family. Not everyone can say they know their child is going to the Celestial Kingdom. However, I can say without a doubt in my mind that Zach will be there. I have so much more motivation to live everyday the best I can. I think back on my pregnancy and I can't believe that I had a spirit inside of me that was so close to, and so loved by my Father in Heaven. I do feel honored that He trusted me with such a pure spirit and I just hope that I gave Zach all he needed. I still feel anger at times, sadness, loneliness,sorrow and a bit empty inside. But, the good news is that I am feeling happiness, joy, hope, peace, and at times even excitement for when I get to see my baby again and raise him during the millennium when Satan is bound! The good emotions (on most days now) outweigh the bad which I am grateful for. I am beginning to enjoy life a bit more even though I feel like a piece of me is missing. I have been told that will never go away but I'm trying to find joy in doing the things I loved to do before I had Zach. We saw Zach's grave marker for the first time yesterday and it is perfect. I was so glad to finally see it in person. A big thank you to all our family and friends who stop by, sometimes on a daily basis, to check on the grave and make sure everything looks good. When I was sitting at his grave yesterday I started to get very angry thinking how unfair it is that I have to go to the cemetery to visit my baby. Then I remembered how blessed I am to have even had a baby. Especially a baby that is leading me on the right path. On Zach's grave marker we put the scripture that says, "a little child shall lead them." How true that statement is for my family. I feel like Zach is more of a parent to me then I could ever be to him. He is teaching me so much and for that I am grateful. I know this has been a very random post but I just wanted to get out a few thoughts I have running through my head. Thank you again for your prayers and support. I know I wouldn't be doing as well as I am if it wasn't for your love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I still think of you, at least a handfull of times each day. It's an experience I don't ever want to forget. I'm so lucky to have you and Tagg as examples in my life and so lucky to have been a part of little Zach's appearance to this earth. Love you.
I second Chandi's comment. I think about you and Tagg every single day. You two are amazing examples of faith. I appreciate you sharing your emotions because they are real and they are honest. I can understand your anger and sorrow while I am astounded by your hope and faith. What a blessing to know that Zach will be waiting for you in the Celestial world. What a perfect little boy you have. I wish that I could give you hug but just know that we are continually praying for you both. Love you both!
Katie, I love going up to his grave daily to check on him and fix everything around his grave! I can't wait to get some silk flowers that I can stick in the ground not have to pick up the flowers all the time that fall over! :) I love that I can do something for you guys and help take good care of his grave! It has been so fun laughing and talking with you and playing games! I hope you have fun in Bear Lake and can't wait to see you guys again on Wednesday at 6:05! Love you soo much and I hope you enjoy that CD!
We too think of you guys so much daily. We love you and like Amanda, are glad that you would share your honest thoughts. They are real and I think writing them down always helps. At least for me it does. Have fun in Bear Lake. We'll see you soon-0h, and BTW the party at my mom's got switched to the 19th in case you haven't checked the family website.
Tatiana
We continue to pray for you each day. We love the scripture that you placed on Zach's grave marker. May he always be a guide to you and a light to your path.
Keep in touch.
Brandon & Jalisa
http://themcdanielbuzz.blogspot.com
Katie you are so amazing. You and Tagg are constantly in my prayers. I love you and I know that Zach is anxiously awaiting y'alls reunion in the eternities. You are such an amazing example of turning to the Lord and having such great faith and testimony. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. You are such an amazing woman, wife and mother.
Katie, I am grateful that you can so clearly articulate the feelings of your heart. Megan's choreography demonstrated so beautifully the stages of grief and I, for one, am grateful that you are allowing yourself to go through them all - including anger, feelings of loneliness & depression, as well as feelings of gratitude and acceptance. All are important to feel and I agree that it is very helpful to put these feelings into writing. Our love for Zach is an eternal one and we all look forward to a glorious reunion with him when the time is right. Love, Mom
You will be so glad you get your thoughts down to remember... honestly blogging has been a huge release for me.. I think being able to share how you feel without having to repeat it over and over is thereputic. I again am SO sorry for all that you are going thru... As I read your blog my heart aches knowing where you are! I know you don't know me at all but if there is anything I can do for you at all I would love to help. my email is janetnessen@yahoo.com if I can do anything to help please let me.
You're Amazing Katie your faith has increased mine in where our little angels reside. Thank You for sharing your feelings especially when they are so raw right now. You are a wonderful Mom to sweet little Zach!
Hey Katie! I know we've never kept in contact very well, I just wanted to say that I've thought about you a lot since I heard what happened. I read your blog all the time and admire your strength as a mother and person. You and Tagg are heroes to a lot of people. Don't ever forget that!!! Love , Mallory
Oh Katie. You are so amazing. I hope and pray all women realize how lucky they are to have children or to be pregnant. Zach is so lucky to have you as a a mom.
Katie, I have been following your experience and your blog and have felt close to both you and Tagg even though we're far away and our stories are different. You're so right - it's difficult to see other moms and babies. At first that was one of the hardest things...I would look around at all the "normal" pregnancies and babies and wonder why my experience was the 1 in 1000 to be different. I'm sure you've felt the same way; and I know people have told you that it's because you are 1 in 1000 - special, beautiful, and strong! Heavenly Father gave you this experience, though it's devastating, because he knows who you will become because of it. You're amazing. I think of both you and Tagg in wonder of your strength and deep commitment to the gospel. I hope that even though it's been six weeks today, you can feel love and joy and know that you're an inspiration to others! Thanks for that. Love ya, Nicole
Post a Comment