Tagg and I went to Michigan for Thanksgiving this year. We had a lot of fun and spent most of our time relaxing and spending time with family. A few of the highlights of our trip included meeting Liam (our nephew) for the first time, Thanksgiving dinner, family pictures, and a baby shower for my little jelly bean as Mag likes to call "it". Liam is one cute, smiley, little guy and it was fun to get to know him a little. Thanksgiving was fabulous and yummy. I ate way too much! My baby shower was a lot of fun. It actually got me excited about this little one. It isn't that I'm not excited for this baby, but there have been so many nerves and worries that things aren't going to go right, that I forget to also be excited. I think part of me has the attitude "I'll believe it when I see it", as in I will believe I'm really pregnant and having a baby when the baby is here safely in my arms. We find out what we are having in a week and a half so it was a gender neutral shower, but I got a lot of the essentials, like diapers, wipes and bath stuff. For now it is still packed away, but maybe in a few months, I will start getting things ready for this little one. It was probably one of the only showers I will have for baby #2 and it was great! Amanda and Gena did such a great job planning it all and decorating. I will have to post pics later!
Family pictures were fun too. We took them outside and I was freezing, but I think there are some really great shots. Taking a family picture is something I have not really looked forward to since we had Zach. I have come to the realization that I will never have my complete family here on Earth and I will never have a complete "family" picture. I do have to say it was hard to take the pictures without Zach, but I wore a pin to represent him. It is the little silver thing that is glowing on my shirt. It is a pin of little baby feet. It was nice to be all together as a family and capture the moment with a few great photos.




Here are a few of just Tagg and I.




For those of you thinking "Wow, she looks huge!" I am huge. I guess that is what happens when you get pregnant within 2 and a half months of having a baby. It is a lot easier for your body to stretch. I can assure you I'm not having twins. (although I really wish I was!)
December 14th is the big day. Here's to hoping for a healthy baby no matter what the gender is.
10 comments:
Cute pictures! I am loving the nice bold colors you guys chose to wear! So cute. What a nice way to remember Zach by the pin...so sweet and memorable. Hope all goes well at the ultrasound...yay for finding out!
you look beautiful! i love your flower, it's a cute addition. can't wait to hear what you're having and i'm praying for everything to go well!
Again, you look so beautiful Mag! I'm glad you had a baby shower for the jelly bean, wish I could have been there! I also really love your boots, so cute!
You look gorgeous!! I'm excited to find out the gender! Hope your appointment goes well. Miss you!
I saw your pin but forgot to mention it to you when I saw it. What a sweet way to include Zach in the picture. I wish he could have been there with us and I'm sure he was. We had a lot of fun with you guys and can't wait until you find out what you're having.
Oh you look so dang cute! I am glad that you had a great Thanksgiving...I am so excited to hear what you are having..I miss you tons and can't wait to see you in January!
Oh Katie you don't look huge at all my dear! You look beautiful and I know that all will be well with this little one! Can't wait to find out what you are having! Zach is making sure of it!! Love ya and hope you're feeling well!
Love the pictures! You look so beautiful! And you don't look huge! I feel the same way about the 2nd time around (I totally told Jon that I had better be having twins because I am way too big for just one, haha. And no, it's not twins...I guess it's from being already stretched out in the belly from the first time around). What a great idea to have the pin as a representation of Zach too. Glad you guys could have a fun holiday!
Katie, you look great!! How sweet about the pin. I'm sure Zach was happy to be represented :-) I love the family pictures, too! What a great array of fall colors. As always, you and Tagg are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment