I have been thinking a lot about you the past few days. Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, we will be seeing your brother for the first time. We are so excited to see him and bring his little body into this world. People say he is spending his last hours with you now, but I think his spirit is already here with me. I believe your spirit was with me before your heart stopped beating and that is why I think your brother's spirit is with me already. Who knows though, maybe his spirit is still with you. Either way, I am sure you taught (or are teaching) him a lot before his spirit is here.
Today marks 11 months since I had you. I cannot believe it has been that long. I guess it makes sense considering your brother will be with us tomorrow. A few weeks ago we opened up the box that has been sitting in the bottom of the closet since we moved. I have to admit I cried as we opened the box and I saw the 1st outfit we bought for you right after we found out you were a boy. Every time I put that outfit on your brother, I will think of you. You have changed my life forever and I can't wait to hold you in my arms again one day. I love you so much and miss you more than you will ever know. We will tell your brother all about you and how special of a spirit you were to only need to receive your body and then return to Heavenly Father. I hope you will help us along our way as we figure out parenthood.
Thanks for being our little angel. I'm sure your spirit will be very close to us tomorrow. You dad and I love you!
15 comments:
Katie! this is SO sweet! i am beyond excited for your ever growing family and our knowledge of forever families! i texted you the other day.. do you have the same number?? text me 7077389912. love you girl! best of luck your in my thoughts/prayers xoxo
I agree, I think Zach has taught him everything he needs to know. I think he's with you. We're so excited to hear about how everything goes. We love you and are so excited to see pictures! Good luck!
Tatiana
Katie, I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. We will keep you in our prayers!
Mag I am praying for you and am so excited for you and Tagg! I think it is so amazing to know that this new baby has just been with Zach. He probably knows Zach better than anyone at this point. I think it will be an amazing and very spiritual experience when you bring him into this world and would guess you will feel your whole family so close there. I can't wait to hear about everything and love you all tons!
katie i'm so excited for you to welcome your little boy! your story and thoughts you write out in your blog still amaze me. i'll be keeping you in my prayers for your delivery! we miss you guys!!!
oops, the note above was allison nielsen, not sammy :)
Good luck today!
Oh I that sweet letter made me cry! You are so amazing in so many ways...I am so excited for you guys and this little guy that is coming into your family. I am excited to hear all about it and can't wait to see pictures of him. Hope to hear from you soon!!!
You don't know me but I have happened to stumble across your blog and it has been a huge comfort to me....thank you so much. Good luck with the new little one, you and your family are in my prayers!
I am sure those two boys spent all yesterday together... and I guess forever before that too. How amazing to think about that. I am so excited for your new little guy. You two are in our prayers. What an exciting time!! Love you.
What a beautiful letter to Zach. You are going to be a great mom and am praying all goes well with you and the babe. Keep us posted! xoxo
Oh Katie, - even though you are my "baby" I never cease to be amazed at the things you continue to teach me. Your faith, love, and eternal perspective are evident in these tender words that you so eloquently take from your heart and spill onto the page. This weekend has been a miracle! Beckett is an adorable bundle of love and joy and one lucky little boy to have you and Tagg for parents. We will always love our little Zach and will never forget the lessons he has taught us all. It will be a grand reunion some day, but meanwhile love and cherish every moment with this darling Beckett.
Well I just had a good cry. I am so happy for you Katie. I know you hear that a lot, but I am truly so happy for you and the newest addition to your family.
Beautiful.
I love you and love your example you are to me! Your letter to Zachary made me cry! I am so happy for you and Tagg and baby Beckett!
Post a Comment