Monday, April 4, 2011

Quick Update!

So, I went to the doctor today and I am dilated to a 4! When I asked him if I was effaced he said, "Uh, yeah!" I didn't realize they tell you how effaced you are in a percentage so I'm not sure exactly how effaced I am. He said this baby could come at any time now. He didn't want to move up the induction date since I am not 36 weeks yet but he said if he comes on his own, they won't stop him. Monday morning (the 11th) is when I am scheduled to have my amnio and if all looks good with that they will induce me sometime that afternoon. So, barring any unforeseen issues, we should have him here by Monday night or Tuesday sometime if not sooner! I am so excited! I decided I should probably have my bag packed and ready to go so I will probably do that tonight. I am washing all the baby clothes right now so that I can pack a few things for him to wear as well. Last week he was measuring at 7 lbs. 14 oz. He grew over a pound in one week. I think my doctor will weigh him again on Wednesday. I'm just hoping he is still in the 8 lb range. I can't wait to get him here and see how big he really is. I don't have any more time tonight, but maybe I can post a few pictures in the next few days. Tagg's parents are here with us for a few days and we are having a ton of fun with them. We are going to a Rangers game tonight! Go Rangers!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

oh that's so exciting! keep us updated and i know we all can't wait to see him!

{larissa} said...

Cool!!! So happy to hear that he'll be here anyday. It must be so exciting to pack your hospital bag and know that he's so close to arriving. looking forward to your next post which will hopefully be his birth!

Natalie Kay said...

I'm so so so excited for you! I am so happy that you will get to hold your little baby is just a few days.

GOOD LUCK with everything!!

Elise said...

I cannot express my excitement for you guys!! I'm so mad that I can't get texts from you, but maybe Tagg can text Andrew when your baby boy arrives! (I'm just assuming you'll do the usual mass text) If he doesn't have Andrew's number, message me, and I'll pass it along. Good luck! You'll be in our prayers!!!

Chels's Blog said...

Yay I am so excited for you! I hope for your sake he is still in the 81b range too. Oh he is going to be so cute and I can't wait to see him!!! Keep us updated and I hope and pray all will go well...

amberdat said...

So great! I am so excited for you!! Keep us all updated. I can't wait to see him. Packing the hospital bag is so exciting... it means he will be here any second!

Amanda Petersen said...

Yay! That is so exciting! Are you feeling any contractions? We can't wait for you to meet this little boy and we are SO excited to meet him too. Next week can't come fast enough...I'm secretly hoping he'll come on his own this week so Grandma and Grandpa can see him before they leave...but of course...mostly hoping for a healthy, happy baby boy! Love you guys!

Tyler & Michelle said...

I'm beyond excited for you! I can't wait to see pics of this little guy. You take care of yourself and enjoy these last few days being pregnant wit him... then you get to meet him and hold him like crazy! ;-)

Amy said...

Glad to hear things are moving along well. Hope you enjoy your last week of pregnancy and good luck with the delivery.

Lisa said...

Yay!!! I am sooo excited! I can't wait to hear that he is here and see pictures!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad things have gone so well. Good luck. Can't wait to see pictures of your cute little boy.