The upper deck completely empty.
Our family enjoying the game.
Beckett relaxing. I made his little onesie so he would have some Rangers attire to wear to the game.
It is a good thing we were in covered seats because in the top of the 4th it started raining and the grounds crew brought out the tarp to cover the field. The rain kept getting worse and worse. We stayed dry but everyone else in the stadium left their seats to find cover from the rain.
After a while the tornado sirens started going off and the announcer came on and said that we needed to follow the security officers to the tunnels under the stadium to seek shelter while the storm passed. The security officer ushered us onto the field and we went through one of the doorways that led to the right field bullpen.
Standing on the field. Those girls were really excited to be on the field apparently.
It was cool to be under the stadium and see a part of Rangers ballpark that no one really ever sees.
Beckett slept through all the excitement.
After about 30 minutes, the storm had passed over and we were allowed back into the stadium. We were all ready to start up the game again when the grounds crew brought out the tarp to cover the field again. Everyone started booing. The announcer came on and said there were more thunderstorms headed our way so they were going to cover the field to be safe. A few minutes later is started raining again. Raining led to pouring and everyone ran for cover.
By this point it was probably 10:30 or so. We decided that once the rain let up we would head home. We left around 11 and they started the game up at about 11:20. Tagg watched the rest of the game on TV when we got home and Beckett and I went to bed. It was an eventful night that will make a great story to tell Beckett about.
I'll leave you with a cute picture of our little guy. We tried out the bumbo last week. He is still a little small for it and doesn't quite have the head control, but he did a good job I think.
7 comments:
I love that Beckett has been to a baseball game already!!! That is seriously fantastic. It sounds like a crazy one though and I'm glad you had all the pictures to document it! Love you guys!
What a fun adventure! I can't think of a more unique way for Tagg to introduce his son to the world of baseball. This will really make a fun story to tell the little "tyke" in years to come. Love, love, LOVE the picture of Tagg using his mitt as a pillow and also the one of Beckett in his little seat. He is so adorably cute and I can't wait to see him again this weekend.
That is quite an eventful night to say the least! I can't believe it...Beckett is seriously so freaking cute. He is already getting so big! I hope that I get to meet him sometime because I just want to kiss those chubby little cheeks! I hope all is going well for you guys! I sure do miss you!
So glad y'all had a great time at the game. Beckett's onesie is darling. You did a good job! I love the Bumbo chair! It was great as Noah grew. I wish he would still sit in it. I think it's time to retire it though!!
Take care!
That is an awesome story!! Kaden has that same outfit that Beckett is wearing in that last picture. I loved it!
First off, Katie, you look great! Second, I love the cute onesie you made for Beckett. Did you use paint or vinyl or what? That story definitely tops anything I've ever heard as far as eventfulness at a sporting event. So weird to see the whole top section empty. Lucky that you got good seats for no extra cost (if the reason for getting them isn't too scary).
Did Beckett get a hot dog with his bottle?!? Cute little buddy!!! I love the color of your bumbo. Mine is blue. Wanna trade?
Post a Comment