It has been a whole year since your Dad and I saw you for the first time. I will never forget the moment they put you in my arms. It was so heartbreaking, but you were so beautiful! You had my nose and your dad's mouth. I can't believe if you were still with us you would be one year old. It has been a long hard year. It has been filled with sadness, but also some of the most exquisite happiness I have ever experienced. Thank you for teaching me how to love. A mother's love is unlike any love I have ever had. Thank you for teaching me how to endure. You have taught me to find happiness even amongst trials. Thank you for teaching me just how much I really wanted to be a mom. I knew I wanted to be one, but losing you made me realize there is nothing else I wanted to do with my life. I think I am a much better mom to Beckett because of you. Thank you for teaching me the importance of having faith and praying to understand Heavenly Father's will. Most importantly, thank you for teaching me how much my Heavenly Father and my Savior love me. I am so grateful for the comfort and healing I have received through the atonement. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass...(Alma 36:7) You have brought a lot of great things to pass. You have changed so many lives for the better! You are missed by your grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, and your brother. I can't wait to hold you in my arms once again and sing to you and rock you like I do to your brother. I miss you so much and I will always carry you in my heart!
Happy Birthday! We will eat some cake and ice cream to celebrate your short but perfect life.
I love you,
Mommy



4 comments:
Katie,
I knew you would write something beautiful and profound on this bitter-sweet day. I am so grateful that you have endured this year and learned so many beautiful life lessons. I have learned them as well. Zach has taught us all so much. I have shed my tears today and also raised my voice in gratitude to my Heavenly Father for preserving you and Tagg and the rest of us as we have mourned this past year. Now we have our beautiful Beckett to help wipe away our tears. Have a little piece of cake and ice cream for Daddy and me too. I love you.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful letter to Zach with us. I am in tears, reading these words that come straight from your heart. Your boys are so lucky to have you as their mama.
Love you! I hope little Beckett has brought more smiles to wipe away all the tears. Sweet Zach will one day be in your arms again. You are so strong. I love you!!!
Happy Birthday, Zach! Love you, Cady.
Post a Comment