Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I can't even express how much better this Mother's Day was for me than last year. It is amazing how time can heal your pain. Last Mother's Day we found out about Zach. Easily the hardest day of my life so far. While I thought about Zach a lot yesterday, wishing he could be with me, I realized how lucky I am to have Beckett. I was thinking about how hard losing Zach was and then the thought came to me that if we hadn't lost Zach, we wouldn't have Beckett. I thought about how much I love Beckett and I can't imagine life without him. It doesn't make it easy to not have Zach with us, but Heavenly Father has a way of making things better. There was a time last year that I thought I would never be happy again. I was so heartbroken and my arms were so empty. To think that a year later, I would be given another spirit to care for is amazing. I have to wait a little longer to have Zach, but I am so grateful that I get to be a mom to Beckett right now!
Tagg treated me amazingly well. He always does, but he really stepped it up yesterday. I am so grateful to have such an amazing husband! We were able to spend Mother's Day with Tagg's mom. She was in town for the weekend meeting Beckett. It was a great day and here are a few photos to re-cap the day.

Beckett's Mother's Day Outfit


Grams with Beckett.


My sweet baby!



My boys! I love them so much.


All tuckered out from a long day


I'm grateful for my beautiful mother that has taught me so much about how to be a good mom. She would do anything for me and has sacrificed so much for all her kids. She has a strong testimony and always turns to her Father in Heaven. She has helped me become the woman and mom I am today.

I'm lucky to have such a great mother-in-law that raised a righteous and faithful man. She as well would do anything for her kids and grandkids. I'm glad that we were able to spend Mother's Day with her and that she could meet Beckett.

I'm grateful for my sisters and sisters-in-law and the examples they are to me of being great moms. I have so many amazing mothers in my life. Everyday I learn a little but more about what it means to be a mom.

6 comments:

Tatiana said...

I'm glad this day was better for you too! We thought of you a lot yesterday. And Zach as well. We love you all and are so glad Beckett has been added to your little family.

Chels's Blog said...

I thought a lot about you yesterday as well remembering how it was last year. I am so glad that this year was so much better for you. I miss you tons and can't wait to meet the little guy! Happy Mother's Day to you...

Amanda Petersen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a wonderful mother's day! You deserve it! I'm sure Zach was very close to you yesterday. You look fabulous by the way and Beckett sure is one cute little stud! Love you guys!

e. said...

He is absolutely darling and you are the absolutely the best momma out there. Miss you.

Rose Jorgensen said...

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's day! Your son is adorable and you look so beautiful! Continue to keep your spirits high. We love you.

McKenna said...

Beckett gets cuter and cuter every time I see a picture of him! I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday! I love you and you look so beautiful!!!