Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Michigan

Tagg had to go to Michigan for work so Beckett and I tagged along to hang out with Ned and Gena.  We had a great time and were able to do a lot of fun things. We started the trip by going to Shipsewana which is a little Amish community.  We also went to the Zoo, Lake Michigan, The Children's Museum,  and a Tigers game.  We played games every night, ate a lot of delicious food, and we made sure we kept the ice cream companies in business.  It was  a fun, relaxing trip and Gena took a lot of amazing pictures! I'll post some of my favorites on here, but I'll probably put more on facebook at some point for those of you that are interested in seeing more pics of cute Beckett.
Beckett smashing his face against the screen.  Awesome!
 Tagg took Beckett on the carousel for the first time.  He loved it until it started going and the horse started going up and down.  You'll notice in each picture he is on a different horse or bench.
 Beckett is getting really good at going down slides by himself.
We had a great time at the zoo.  The best part was being able to feed the giraffes.  Have you ever seen the size of their tongues?  
 Lake Michigan was a blast.  The weather was perfect but the water was too cold for me.  Beckett loved playing in the sand and diving in the water.  We forgot a swim diaper so he wore his regular diaper until it exploded because it was so full of lake water.
The diaper finally exploded.
 The children's museum was fun.  I think Beckett will get more out of it in a few months.  He mostly enjoyed sitting on different chairs and playing on the little school bus that was there.
Not too sure about the puppet.
 We bought Beckett a new church suit.  Needless to say, it's a little bit big.  I guess he'll get to wear it for a long time!
 Tagg wanted to make sure Beckett got to ride the penny horse at Meijer.  I couldn't believe it really only cost one cent!  Just like the carousel, Beckett really enjoyed it until it started moving.
 We finished off our trip by going to a Tigers game with everyone.
We had a fun trip and were able to do so many fun things in a short amount of time.  Thanks for showing us a great time as always Ned and Gena!

1 comment:

Amanda Petersen said...

Oh my goodness! I love these pictures. It looks too fun! It makes me super sad though, wish we were there too. Beckett really is the cutest little boy and you look so darling. I hope you're feeling well! Love ya...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!