Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Utah

I've been dreading writing this post because I know it's going to take me for-e-ver.  So, I'm going to make it as short and sweet as I can and I probably won't upload tons of pictures either.  We had a fantastic time in Utah!  We were there for almost 3 weeks which was fun but tiring.  We went all over the state and even spent some time in Idaho.  Every few days we were in a different place which was harder on Beckett than I thought it was going to be.  He really did a great job considering all the moving around, but it was nice to get home and get back to our own beds.
We started the trip up north in Fielding with Tagg's family.  The day we were there just happened to be Fielding Fun Day.  They had a parade and fireworks.  The parade was pretty short.  Like, if you blinked, you missed it.  The fireworks on the other hand, were pretty impressive.

 Tagg got to mow the lawn while we were there and he was in heaven!  Beckett was pretty excited to ride on the John Deere.
 Then we headed down to Layton to spend some time with my brother's family.  Beckett had SO much fun with his cousins.  He pretty much ran the show.  Wherever Beckett went, all the other kids went too.
 We spent a day in Provo and caught up with a few old friends.  I had brunch with some of the girls I taught with at Pony Express.  It was so fun to see them and their kiddos!  We also went to the Creamery, the bookstore, and walked around on campus for a bit.  I can't believe we've been away from Provo for over 2 years now.
 This was the best picture we could get of all the kids. It sure was a riot trying to get them to all sit still!
Lunch at Sensuous Sandwich!
After Provo we went back up north to Logan.  While we were in Logan, my cousin gave Beckett his first hair cut.  He did pretty good until the clippers came out and then he freaked out.  He looks like such a big boy now without his mullet and with short hair. 
 After the hair cut.  Such a big boy now!
 We went up to Twin Falls for a weekend to see Tagg's cousin Brady and his family.  It was such a fun trip, we just wish it could've lasted longer! Beckett had such a fun time playing with their little boys, Cooper and Crew.
 After Idaho, we went back to Fielding for a few days.  The neighbors were irrigating their lawn so we took Beckett to play in the water for a little while.  It was kinda breezy and the water was a little cool so Beckett didn't have as much fun as we thought he would.
And of course, no trip to Fielding is complete without playing a few card games!
 We then headed back to Logan and stopped by to see Zach.  I always have so many emotions going through me as we go to his grave, but this time I was a little angry.  Angry that my boys would not know each other in this life.  Angry that every time we're in Logan we have to stop by a few times to "see" Zach.  Angry that I'll never have a complete family picture with all my kids.  Most of all though, I was sad about the missed experiences with him in this life, but so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation!
 My family had a reunion at Bear Lake and we spent a few days camping with them which was tons of fun!
 These two cousins are only 1 day apart.  
 Beckett had the most fun relaxing on my aunt's tent.
Probably crying because I wouldn't let him eat anymore sand.
 After Bear Lake we went to St. George to see Christopher and McKenna.  However, I'm tired and there are so many fun pictures to post that I think I'll make a separate post about that in the next day or so.  Thanks so much to everyone for housing us while we were in Utah and if we didn't get to see you while we were there, we're sorry!  There are just so many people to see and we ran out of time!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you had a fun trip! Zach is starting to look grown up with the hair cut, too!

Amanda Petersen said...

Looks like a busy and fun trip! Sure wish we could have been in Utah at the same time...enjoy your last few days home before you head back to Michigan for more traveling. Love you guys!