Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Beckett at 20 months

Beckett is 20 months today!  I can't believe he'll be 2 in just 4 short months!  Where did the time go?  This post is just an update of all the things Beckett is doing right now.  Beckett is still the funniest, happiest, silliest boy I know.  He is starting to talk a lot more.  I started writing down words he says and I just kept adding more and more to the list.  I didn't realize how many words he says.
Uh oh was his first word and Jesus was his second.  Since then he's added a lot ermore to his vocabulary.  He says book, dog, belly button (bb), what's that, bye bye (also bb), train, trick or treat (t...t), drink, nose, eyes, teeth, banana (nana), light (nigh nigh), store, bus, no, Steve (his stuffed animal), and his more recent ones are beep and boom.  He also says daddy (da day), and I've heard him say momma, but never in relation to me.  I think he uses daddy as a term for both Tagg and me.
He knows where most of his body parts are and he likes to make animal sounds.  He knows what the cow, lion, dog, tiger, and my personal favorite, the elephant say.
He loves trucks and cars and plays with them all day.  He will line up all his cars and we'll find them "parked" in different locations around the house.  He loves to make car sounds as he drives his cars around the floor.
He is constantly making silly faces or giving us the stink eye.  He has also started throwing tantrums a little bit more.  Usually a quick timeout solves the problem.  I don't know what's wrong with me, but I find it so funny when he starts throwing a tantrum.  Sometimes the timeout is more for me so I can stop laughing.  I try my hardest to not let Beckett know I'm laughing because obviously I don't want it to become a habit that he thinks is okay.  The other day he kept throwing his tractor so I took it away and you would've thought the world ended.  He even pulled my hair he was so mad.  And did I get mad?  No, I laughed and buried his head in my shoulder so he wouldn't see me laughing. I just think it's funny that he is so passionate about something that he can get that mad about it.
He's usually a very happy boy but when he is mad, watch out!  Apparently he gets his temper from his mom.  Although from stories I hear about Tagg when he was little, he gets it from both of us!  Poor kid.
Overall he keeps us busy, entertained, and most of all happy!  He is the light of our lives and we love him more than we can express in words.

3 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

So Cute! I LOVE the way he says daddy..."Da-Day." So stinkin' cute! He is such a sweetie. I can't believe he's almost two years old. That's so hard to believe. We sure love that little boy!

Elise said...

He's just so stinkin' cute!!!

Lynn DeAngelis said...

What a freaking cutie! And I laughed thinking about you laughing at his tantrums. I think I might be the same way when Matt and I have kids... Mad people in general just make me laugh! Good to know I won't be alone!