Thursday, December 6, 2012

Michigan

I've been meaning to post for a week now about our trip to Michigan.  I've been trying to get all our photos organized and I finally have a free morning to sit down and blog.  We were able to visit for two full weeks which was awesome.  Tagg was able to work from the home office and Beckett and I hung out at Ned and Gena's.
Beckett did awesome on the plane ride like he usually does.
We went to Shipshewana (an Amish community) while we were there.
Beckett was not too sure about that horse.
We also went to the Western Michigan game.  I must be bad luck because both times I've seen them play, they've lost!
 Beckett discovered his love of rocking chairs.
And also his love of trains.  He would run to the window and put the blinds over him to get a closer look every time he heard the train whistle.
Tagg and I also got to go on a date without Beckett!  It was awesome!
How lucky am I to get to stare at this cute face all day, every day!
And Tagg got Beckett dressed which almost always consists of clothing on random parts of his body.  This time it was pants on his head.
 The weather was nice enough during the beginning of our trip that Beckett got to play outside!
 Beckett discovered dandelions also! I thought you'd appreciate these photos mom.
We also got to see Tucker, Amanda, Liam and Darcy for a few days.  This was the first time we got to meet Darcy and she is a sweet little girl. Beckett and Liam had lots of fun playing together also. I think they were both a little unsure why someone else was playing with their grandma and grandpa.
They both love GG's big trucks. Liam would always ask Beckett to come play with him.
Probably my favorite picture of them.  They were both so excited about the train.
 Beckett and Daddy playing on Thanksgiving.
Liam and Beckett helping GG set up the vacuum.  Liam was reading the instructions and Beckett was just trying to not be too scared of it.  He hates vacuums!
We went to a K-Wings hockey game and Gena stayed home with the kids.
The kids decorated a gingerbread man with GG.
 Isn't it beautiful?
And of course you have to sample your hard work.
Ned and Gena have a bunch of old glasses that Beckett loves to play with. He totally looks like a little old man.
We also took some family pictures while we were there (which I'll post later).  Here's Beckett and Liam on the train waiting to take pictures.
 There was a little train that went around the ceiling and he couldn't stop staring at it.
Both Liam and Beckett looking at the train.
I'm not sure who had more fun playing, GG or Beckett and Liam.
 Beckett loved sitting in Darcy's car seat.
I love the following pictures.  We were trying to get a picture with all 3 kids, but we waited until too late at night and they weren't very cooperative.
 The best one we got of all three of them.
 Tagg and I bought Battleship on Black Friday.  Tagg says I cheated, I say I played smart...
 4 generations
 Beckett and Grandude listening to music.
We had such a fun time in Michigan celebrating Thanksgiving.  We got to see family, eat good food play games, and relax.  That's what I call a great trip.  More updates to come soon.

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Beckett looks just like Ned with those glasses! I also love love love his belly in the pictures on the couch with his jammies on.

amberdat said...

i loved all the pictures of beckett!! he is such a little cheeser! can't wait to see those family pics!

Amanda Petersen said...

It was SO fun to see you guys! We had such a good time. It was so fun getting to know Beckett and seeing he and Liam play. Your pictures are darling! Hope you guys are having a good holiday season!