Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Beckett at 2.5

I haven't blogged for about a month and a half!  I have so much to catch up on that every time I go to write, I get too overwhelmed.  So, I'm going to write one post a day until I'm caught up.
I'll start with Beckett and what he's doing right now.  He is at a really fun, yet challenging age.  I guess the same thing can be said about every age.  He is talking like crazy and he's starting to say the funniest things.  Here are a few of the funny things he's said recently.
We were watching Conference and President Uchtdorf was speaking.  Beckett said, "It's Gramps!" He was so excited to see my dad on TV.  Then, at the end of Conference, President Monson got up and started waving at people.  Beckett said, "He go to nursery!" That's where Beckett goes after sacrament meeting so I guess he assumed the prophet would too.
Any time I talk about Zach and ask him where he is, Beckett says he's in a tree in Heaven.  I ask him if he's with Heavenly Father and he always says yes.  One day he said he wanted to get in the car and go see him.  Me too buddy, me too!
He loves to talk in a scary monster voice. It seems like usually he remembers that voice at the most inappropriate times. Over Thanksgiving we went and saw the play, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and Beckett started growling super loud during it.
He is the best, sweetest brother ever! He always wants to give Griffin hugs and kisses. He can make Griff laugh more than anyone else. He loves to help give him a bath and he always has to stop what he's doing to get a diaper when Griff needs a diaper change.
When you read stories or sing songs, he will say what you are saying as if he's reading it with you, even if he's never heard it before.
He loves stickers and bandaids and will find any excuse to use them.  Today, instead of taking a nap, he played with stickers.  He had about 10 different stickers on when he came out of his room.
He's still obsessed with cars. He loves to park them and line them up in a row.
The way he talks is awesome! So many people comment on the way he says things and the intonation of his voice.  Some of my favorite words he says are, shif (fish), i-dude (grandude), purkle (purple), organge (orange), Giff (Griff) and there are so many others too.
Every meal is lunch and every time he goes to sleep, he calls it a nap.  His favorite thing to eat for breakfast is brown bears (golden grahams).  Not sure where that came from.
Sometimes when he gives me a kiss, he grabs my neck and pulls my head into his.  He loves singing and dancing.  He also likes to march around the living room. He loves counting and does pretty well, but he thinks he always has to end with 10 no matter how many objects there really are.
He is becoming quite the acrobat.  The other day Tagg walked in the bathroom while Beckett was taking a bath and found him like this:
Beckett is so OCD.  It might just be the age, but he is so particular about everything.  He has to do things a certain way and in a certain order.  He also likes things to be clean which I'm totally okay with.  He always wants to pick up all his toys and put them away before he eats or goes to sleep.
He is such a good helper too.  He will put clothes away after I fold them.  Although I don't know why I fold them because by the time they make it to the drawer they aren't folded anymore. He also unloads the silverware after the dishwasher has been run.
He is still really good about playing by himself, but he loves to play with other kids now also.
Whenever he needs to be wiped after pooping, I'll go in the bathroom and he will excitedly and proudly say, "I pushed REAL hard!"
He has become quite the dramatic little boy.  If he can't do something right when he tries, he starts freaking out.  If he falls down or gets bumped, he rolls around about 5 times on the floor and ends with his arms spread all the way out.
He is into labeling everything.  A green truck, a big tractor, pink yogurt, etc.

He loves to watch Cars, Mickey Mouse and recently he's obsessed with The Polar Express.  He wants to watch it every day.
He is loving everything about Christmas so far and tells me he wants Santa to bring him cars and a treat.  I think Santa can make that happen!
He is learning new things every day and we are constantly surprised at how his vocabulary and ability are expanding so rapidly. He sure is growing up quickly.  I'm so thankful Heavenly Father gave me such a sweet, passionate, funny little boy to be a parent to.

3 comments:

Lynette Williams (Mom) said...

I absolutely LOVE reading these posts. Beckett is at such a darling, fun stage, and it is fun that you are writing down the cute things he is doing so we can remember them.

Unknown said...

"THOSE ARE MINE!" (said in his best monster voice). That will always be one of my favorite memories of Beckett at this age! We sure love him!

Chels's Blog said...

He is getting so big! He is such a cutie:) I love reading your posts! Miss you and hope you guys have a great Christmas!