The past few days have been much better so I feel like I'm moving in the right direction again. I've been thinking a lot about the timing of losing this baby and here's what I've come up with. If I had lost the baby any earlier, it would've been a miscarriage. Still hard, but I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong or that I needed to do anything differently with my next pregnancy because miscarriages are somewhat common. I also didn't have to lose the baby at 32 weeks like I did with Zach. A very tender mercy as that would've been unbearable. I think this happened when it did to help me know I need to take the blood thinner shots every day like I did with B, but not make me go through the heartbreak of having another stillbirth late in pregnancy. Maybe this thinking is totally wrong, but it helps me feel better about trying again. For those of you that don't know, we never really found out what happened with Zach. I had a bunch of tests done and they found that it maybe, but probably wasn't, a blood clot. With Beckett my doctor had me take a shot of Lovenox every day. I HATED it! So painful and right in the stomach. With this pregnancy, I have a different doctor and he said there are a lot of risks with taking a blood thinner and nothing has ever been proven that it works anyway. He left it up to me and I decided to not take the shots. Sometimes I wonder if all of this would've happened if I took the shots, but no one will ever know so I try to not beat myself up about that. I've decided that next time around though, I'm going with what works. A shot everyday no matter how painful and scared of shots I am because it worked and got Beckett here safely. Hopefully it will make a difference next time around.
As far as an update on the rest of life, things are good. Tagg was called as the Ward Mission Leader. I, of course, was called as the Primary Pianist. Good news though, Beckett gets to start going to nursery next week, a whole month early, because Tagg and I will both be busy the 2nd hour. Wohoo! Here are a few pictures of Beckett since I haven't put any up in a few weeks.
Here's Beckett just being his cute self and practicing his smile.
Beckett on Sunday morning in his church socks and my headbands.
How many John Deere things can you spy in this picture?
Beckett is obsessed with toilets! I have to keep the doors closed all the time or he plays in the water and puts stuff in it. Thank goodness it was just a roll of toilet paper this time.
And this is what B does when you say no to him.
I was going through the pictures on my camera and found a bunch that were all taken of Beckett after he ate. Messy boy!
Beckett wearing Tagg's hat.
Words cannot express how much we love this little boy and how grateful we are he is in our lives!
3 comments:
I'm sorry about the bad days! Hopefully with time things will get a little better! I just have to say though that those pics of Beckett are darling! I especially love the John Deere tractor one! I don't know if you saw the pic of Liam on the John Deere tractor our neighbor brought by but I just kept thinking how fun it would be if Beckett were next to him! Maybe we'll have to all chip in some money and get one for Ned and gena's! That would be so fun! Love that sweet boy! These pictures are too cute!
I love you sweetheart! Thanks for being so open about your thoughts and feelings. It helps me understand some of the things I feel inside but can't really articulate. You're such good example of faith and endurance, we are lucky to have you!
How did I miss these posts?!?! Apparently I've been a bit of a slacker! You are such an amazing person and I am so glad you write about these things. It is really amazing to see how you are handling things and how much strength you find in the Lord. It makes me want to be a better person. Also those pictures of Beckett are so adorable! He really is so cute Mag!!!
Post a Comment