Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter

We had a great Easter!  Friday night we dyed easter eggs.  Beckett was kind of into it, but mostly enjoyed playing with his cars.
The Easter bunny came on Saturday morning and Beckett was pretty excited about the candy he got.
Beckett ate a whole package of Pez in about 10 seconds flat.
He got a few little toys as well.  He kept turning this cup around saying, "Mater, car, mater, car."
 Beckett found a few Easter eggs that were hidden around the house.
He got this really fun chair from GG and Grandude.  He carries it around the house with him and tries to put it on the couch or the table too.  We're still working on learning that he can only sit on it on the floor.
Saturday afternoon we went to the farmer's market and then out to eat.  Beckett got to eat his very first ice cream cone all by himself.  He LOVED it!
 After Beckett's nap we had another little egg hunt in the backyard.
 And of course another classic stink eye picture from Beckett.
We didn't show him there was candy in the eggs until he found the last one because I knew as soon as he figured out there was candy the hunt would be over and he would just eat the treats.
 He was sweet enough to share with his momma!
We also played with his bubble wand he got from the Easter bunny.  It was a huge success!
On Sunday, we went to church and tried to get a few pictures in our matching Easter attire. Beckett was not really in the mood. I made Beckett's bow tie to match Tagg's tie.  It's a little big but I love this kid in a bow tie.  So stinkin' cute.
Doesn't this look so yummy!  Tagg smoked/grilled a pork shoulder roast for dinner.  We had a great dinner and it was fun to have Ned and Gena here and also Tagg's cousin Tyson and his wife Sarah join us.
We let Beckett loose on the dessert and boy did he love it!  He was covered by the time he was done.  He had it on the back of his ear and all in his hair too.
 After dinner we went for a walk and Beckett showed Ned and Gena how skilled he is at riding Mater.
I just love this little boy so much and I'm so grateful I get to look at his cute face all day, everyday.  I'll post the rest of the pics from Ned and Gena's trip after Conference.
Oh and one quick story just for my own journaling purpose.  A few weeks ago Beckett and I went grocery shopping and when I put pretzels in the cart, Beckett decided he wanted some.  I told him no and kept putting other things in the cart.  After about 3 minutes I looked down at Beckett and he was giving me the biggest stink eye I've seen yet.  I burst out laughing.  Pretty sure he had been giving me that look since I said no to the pretzels and it kept getting more intense the longer I didn't look at him.  Of course when I started laughing, Beckett then thought it was funny and would go back and forth from stink eye to laughing every few seconds.  I love this little boy so much!

2 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

Looks like a fun Easter! Your pictures are darling! You look fabulous and I love Beckett's bow tie. Looks like you had fun with Ned and Gena. Wish we could have all been together. I hope that April goes by faster for you than March did. Beckett is getting so big...I cannot believe he's almost two years old. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures.

McKenna said...

You always have so much fun! I love the bow tie you made, well done Mag! The Easter egg hunts are great and I love how into the candy/ice cream/desserts Beckett is. That little boy knows what's good!!!