Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ned and Gena's Trip

The day after Easter was April Fool's Day.  I got Tagg pretty good last year so he told me to be on the lookout this year.  He did a few different things, but my favorite was the marshmallows he put on the fan blades.  I turned the fan on and all of a sudden things were falling and hitting the ground.  It took Gena and I a few seconds to figure out what was going on.  Beckett on the other hand figured it out immediately and started devouring the marshmallows.  He was running from one to the next gobbling them up as fast as he could.  I think he thought they were going to be taken away at any minute so he had to get them and eat them fast! I think maybe two minutes passed from the time I turned the fan on to when Beckett had the whole mess cleaned up.  
A few marshmallows ended up under the couch.  Don't worry, Beckett took care of those too.
We had nice weather at the beginning of their trip so we spent some time at the playground too.
Is this not the best picture ever?!  It totally screams summer fun.  I LOVE this kid.
 Beckett's favorite thing at the playground is the slide.  Whenever we drive past a park he screams "slide!" at the top of his lungs.  He can go down the slide a million times and still want to go back for more.
Beckett used to freak out when the slide had wood chips on it.  I threw some up to show Ned and Gena, but apparently wood chips aren't scary anymore.  Once he figured out he could throw them he liked them even more.
 No trip to the park would be complete without a little football!
Beckett totally has the cheese face down and he milks it even more when he knows you're taking a picture.
On Tuesday we went downtown to the butterfly gardens.  Gena has talked about going a few times and we thought Beckett would like seeing all the butterflies.  It was a little cloudy  and rainy that day so the butterflies weren't really out.  We got some great pictures though.  
I know this picture is a little blurry, but I just love it.  And I love Tagg.  And I love that he makes me so happy.  And I love that he can always make me smile too!  Okay, I'm done with the sappy stuff.
These next 3 pictures are AMAZING!  Beckett was practicing his cheese face.  I think he went a little overboard.
We had rainy and cold weather towards the end of the week.  Wednesday we went on a drive to a town that supposedly had some Amish stores in it.  One of our favorite things to do when we go to Michigan is go to Shipshewana which is an Amish community an hour away from where Ned and Gena live.  We were pretty excited to see what this little town had to offer, but turns out, the internet made it sound way more exciting than it was.  There were two Amish stores.  One was a furniture store and one was somewhat of a grocery store.  Both were tiny and not worth the drive, but it was still a fun trip even though it was kind of a bust.
Thursday night we had a birthday party for Beckett with Ned and Gena.  I still can't believe that my baby is going to be 2 in a few days.  It's exciting, yet makes me want to cry all at the same time. He got some really fun toys from them.  His favorite is definitely the train set.
 Playing with trains and cars requires some serious thinking!
 Beckett didn't totally get how to blow out the candles, but he sure tried!
Beckett was sad to have GG and Dude leave. He is still talking about riding in their white car.  Every time we go outside to get in the car he says, "white car!" I have to explain that the white car is gone so he's stuck with our boring gray car. Thanks Ned and Gena for a fun week!  We wish you could've stayed longer.  

5 comments:

Lynette Williams said...

I totally LOVE all of the cute pictures in this update. You caught Beckett in all of his adorable glory - and yes....I LOVE the one of you and Tagg under the umbrella. You guys are a match made in heaven and it is so fun to see this cute growing family. Love you, Mom

miccolene said...

Katie... I have to say that I love all babies, but Beckett is like crazy extra cute. Like way over the top super adorable cute. Every time I see a picture of him he is always so happy and smiley and so CUTE. I wish there was a better word. I don't usually think other kids are as cute as my own (does anyone?) but Beckett sure gives them a run for their money. You two are doing such a great job with him!

miccolene said...

Katie... I have to say that I love all babies, but Beckett is like crazy extra cute. Like way over the top super adorable cute. Every time I see a picture of him he is always so happy and smiley and so CUTE. I wish there was a better word. I don't usually think other kids are as cute as my own (does anyone?) but Beckett sure gives them a run for their money. You two are doing such a great job with him!

Amanda Petersen said...

So fun! Beckett's cheezer is darling! I can't believe he'll be two either. It's funny because it was right around when Liam turned two that he became obsessed with Ned and Gena's white car. Must be a two year old boy thing. So funny! These pictures are darling. Looks like a fun trip!

McKenna said...

LOVE!!!!! First of all you are looking so good Mag! Beckett is ridiculously adorable. Those cheesy pictures are so fantastic. I also can't get enough of him staring at the train set. That picture of you and Tagg with the umbrella should be framed... it is perfect!