Things are going pretty well I think. It's been a while since I went to the doctor. I was supposed to go to my high risk doctor a few weeks ago, but after going three times and paying him over 1,200 bucks I decided my wallet can't afford it. I don't understand how he can get away with charging such outrageous amounts, but apparently he can. The last bill I got was for over $2,500! Luckily my insurance has an agreeable amount that they/I can pay which was $565. I get a 15 minute ultrasound when I see him. He's charging over $165/minute for his time and expertise. Is that legal? Apparently. Anyway, after talking to Tagg about it we decided we wouldn't go back to him until I went to my regular OB again and discussed the situation with them. I don't like the high risk doctor anyway and according to him, people lose their pregnancies all the time and what I've gone through is normal. When he told Tagg and I that, I had to control every bone in my body to not reach out and punch him. He's a high risk doctor, of course he sees people who have lost pregnancies a lot because that is what he does! Most people don't have to go through what I go through though I can promise you that! He says I should keep coming to him so he can monitor the growth of the baby, but I'd rather just have my regular OB do that without the insane charges to go along with it. The world of high risk pregnancy is a crazy and very expensive world to be in!
I get tested for gestational diabetes at my next appointment and I'm hoping I won't have it this time like I did with Beckett. It's not that big of a deal, but just another added expense if I have to get another doctor involved.
I'm grateful that I feel him move often, but if I ever notice a lack of movement for a little while I start to panic rather quickly. He's usually most active in the morning and in the evening so if I don't feel him pretty soon after I wake up, I get nervous. On Easter, I hadn't felt him move all morning. We went to church and I still hadn't felt him move. I kept praying and tried to eat sugary things that morning and still nothing. I was already mentally preparing for going into the hospital later that day and having them tell me there was no longer a heartbeat. I was thinking how it would be another holiday that would be hard as we lost Zach on Mother's Day. However, during the 3rd hour of church I finally felt 2 kicks. It was such a relief. I hate that I panic so quickly, but what else can I do? People tell me everything will be okay and that he's okay even if I haven't felt him move, but I know the reality of that not being true so it's hard to not panic.
I'm still not to the excited point, and honestly I kind of don't think I'll get there until he's in my arms. I guess that's okay. My friend is throwing me a shower which in a pregnancy that has not been fun or exciting, I guess is giving me something to look forward to.
I also have guilt for at times still wanting a girl. There are tons of people in my ward that are pregnant and all but me and one other are having girls. People ask me if I know what I'm having and I tell them another boy. I feel bad because I think they think I don't want a boy. However, most of them don't know my history. They don't know I've had two boys already because all they see is Beckett. They don't know I was pregnant with a girl and lost that pregnancy. Plus I spent the first few months of this pregnancy sure I was having a girl because my pregnancy this time was exactly like last time and very different from Zach and Beckett. Anyway, I am happy that Beckett will have a little brother to pal around with, but at some point I really hope I have a girl.
At the most I have just under 12 weeks left. Maybe less depending on when they decide to induce me. I guess the countdown is on. Here's to hoping and praying for a smooth and uneventful end to this pregnancy.
I get tested for gestational diabetes at my next appointment and I'm hoping I won't have it this time like I did with Beckett. It's not that big of a deal, but just another added expense if I have to get another doctor involved.
I'm grateful that I feel him move often, but if I ever notice a lack of movement for a little while I start to panic rather quickly. He's usually most active in the morning and in the evening so if I don't feel him pretty soon after I wake up, I get nervous. On Easter, I hadn't felt him move all morning. We went to church and I still hadn't felt him move. I kept praying and tried to eat sugary things that morning and still nothing. I was already mentally preparing for going into the hospital later that day and having them tell me there was no longer a heartbeat. I was thinking how it would be another holiday that would be hard as we lost Zach on Mother's Day. However, during the 3rd hour of church I finally felt 2 kicks. It was such a relief. I hate that I panic so quickly, but what else can I do? People tell me everything will be okay and that he's okay even if I haven't felt him move, but I know the reality of that not being true so it's hard to not panic.
I'm still not to the excited point, and honestly I kind of don't think I'll get there until he's in my arms. I guess that's okay. My friend is throwing me a shower which in a pregnancy that has not been fun or exciting, I guess is giving me something to look forward to.
I also have guilt for at times still wanting a girl. There are tons of people in my ward that are pregnant and all but me and one other are having girls. People ask me if I know what I'm having and I tell them another boy. I feel bad because I think they think I don't want a boy. However, most of them don't know my history. They don't know I've had two boys already because all they see is Beckett. They don't know I was pregnant with a girl and lost that pregnancy. Plus I spent the first few months of this pregnancy sure I was having a girl because my pregnancy this time was exactly like last time and very different from Zach and Beckett. Anyway, I am happy that Beckett will have a little brother to pal around with, but at some point I really hope I have a girl.
At the most I have just under 12 weeks left. Maybe less depending on when they decide to induce me. I guess the countdown is on. Here's to hoping and praying for a smooth and uneventful end to this pregnancy.
8 comments:
I'm so glad that things are going so well. We are constantly praying for you. No offense but I kind of hate your high risk doctor too. What a dummy! I think Doctors in general take pregnancy for granted and always treat you so "routine" when in reality...nothing about being pregnant is "routine." Pregnancy is scary and there are always risks especially for someone who has had the experiences you have. Anyway, I hope these next few months go by quickly. In the meanwhile continue to enjoy your time with Beckett. It definitely is different when you have two little ones to take care of and your relationship changes. It was a little sad for me the first week or so but then it is so fun to see your little boy become a big brother. He'll be such a good big brother. We love you guys and you are always in our prayers.
I'm so glad that things are going so well. We are constantly praying for you. No offense but I kind of hate your high risk doctor too. What a dummy! I think Doctors in general take pregnancy for granted and always treat you so "routine" when in reality...nothing about being pregnant is "routine." Pregnancy is scary and there are always risks especially for someone who has had the experiences you have. Anyway, I hope these next few months go by quickly. In the meanwhile continue to enjoy your time with Beckett. It definitely is different when you have two little ones to take care of and your relationship changes. It was a little sad for me the first week or so but then it is so fun to see your little boy become a big brother. He'll be such a good big brother. We love you guys and you are always in our prayers.
First of all, I love the new look. So bright and springy. I love how honest you are. You're not fearful of hiding your feelings and you just lay it all out there. That takes some serious guts and I love that about you. I love reading from your honest, sincere heart!! You are always in my prayers. The count-down has begun! I will be counting down with you. Love you Katie!!
Hope this last trimester passes quickly! With the timing during your pregnancy when you lost Zach and your little girl, I can imagine that you never feel like you can get on top of the anxiety that now comes with pregnancy. A $30 fetal doppler from Amazon has saved my sanity quite a few times!
I can definitely relate to the guilt of wishing you were pregnant with a little girl. I have felt that pretty strongly with both Brady and Tanner. With Tanner I just kept telling myself it was way cheaper to be having another boy! Luckily though, as soon as they are here, you realize they are just what you needed and you feel so glad they are who they are. But, Dave knows that we are not done until we get a daughter that we can raise. Better be next time! :)
So, my sister Rebe had her baby stillborn at 27 weeks when Tanner was just 5 days old. We feel heartbroken for her and her husband knowing all the pain that is still to come. They buried little Amelia next to my Heidi. I hate that she is now there, too, but it is special at the same time to have 2 little cousins right by each other. I hate that this seems to be happening all the time, especially to someone so close to me!
Thanks for sharing. Praying for you guys! Best of luck in the coming weeks! We are hoping everything goes okay.
I was so excited to see an update! I ask McK about you all the time :-) Continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Glad to hear things are going well Mag. The amount of money that doctor charges does seem crazy! I can see how you are so ready to be done being pregnant but want to savor every last moment with just Beckett. We pray for you every day! Love you all!!!
Praying that things continue to go well for you & the baby in your belly! WE love you, and continue to stay strong in having faith. You are such a woman of courage.
P.S. I love the look of your blog. Trying to update mine somehow!
Take care love,
Rose
Post a Comment