Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hero Rush

On Saturday, Tagg participated in a race called the Hero Rush.  It was 4 miles of running and obstacles.  Supposedly the obstacles were similar to ones firemen have to go through in their training.  Because of the way it was set up I only got to see him at the start and finish so I only took a few pictures.  Some of the obstacles included a rope climb, crawling through a pitch black smoke filled maze, trudging through a 3 foot deep river, carrying a 70 pound dummy under an 18 inch barbed wire fence, getting sprayed with a fire hose and running through fire. I'm sure there were many others, but those are the ones I can remember him talking about. He finished in 54 minutes and finished 69th out of 1,938 people!  Way to go Tagg!
Beckett was excited to cheer on Tagg.  This was before the race started.  He just saw Tagg warming up and got excited.
Ready to start!
 Going down the fire pole.
 While we waited for Tagg, Beckett stayed busy eating crackers and looking at the firetrucks.
Tagg about to cross the finish line.
Soaking wet after the race. One of the last things was getting sprayed with the fire hose so he ended the race drenched instead of muddy.
 Beckett was so excited about all the firetrucks around.  He loves firetrucks!

1 comment:

McKenna said...

That sounds like so much fun! Way to go Tagg!