Friday, May 10, 2013

Zach's 3rd Birthday

Dear Zach,
Happy Birthday! It's been 3 years since we held your tiny little body, but I can remember it like it was yesterday.  We still think about you and miss you like crazy.  I can't help but wonder what you would be like at 3 years old.  As I see Beckett's personality develop more and more each day, it makes me think about all I missed out on with you.  I can't wait to one day know you like I know Beckett.
Today, we celebrated your birthday by going out to eat at Chick-fil-a.  I decided that because I don't know what your favorite food would be, we'd eat out at a place we like in your honor.  We also had cake and ice cream and spent some time tonight going through your special book of memories with Beckett.  It's interesting, when Beckett was younger I feel like he had a special connection with you.  Now that he is getting older and the veil is getting stronger, he doesn't seem to have that same connection anymore.  It makes me kind of sad, but it makes sense as well.  We will do all we can though to keep your memory alive in our family.
So many people sent us messages, texts, and called today.  You/we even got cards from Grammy and Gramps and Aunt Meg.   My biggest fear is that you would be forgotten and still 3 years later, I'm amazed at how many lives you touched and how many people think of you on this special day.  Overall it's been a good day filled with tears, laughter, and thoughts of what we were doing 3 years ago. We love you so much and can't wait to be with you again one day!
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

McKenna said...

Happy birthday Zach! I'm glad you were able to do a lot of fun things to remember him in a happy way. He is a special boy that will always be remembered fondly!

Amanda Petersen said...

Happy Birthday Zach! I too am glad you were able to have a nice day as a family. Although Beckett may not seem as connected with Zach as he used to be, I have no doubt that they will always have a special connection...as will baby brother. We love you guys and we love sweet baby Zach.

Lynn DeAngelis said...

I know I've said it before, and I will say it again and again... Zach most certainly touched my life. I learned SO much from you. When you're younger, you just understand having kids as what it is on the surface, and it's not until you or the people around you start having kids that you realize how much of a miracle it is for a child to get here. Zach has a special place in my heart and my mind to hope and pray for those, even without complications, to grow healthy, happy babies. Thank you, as always, for being so open and honest with your thoughts and feelings. Happy birthday, Zach!!

Lynette Williams said...

Heavenly Father sent Zach to the right family. He will NEVER be forgotten by any of us. He has also given all us us a huge goal - to live so that we can someday be reunited with him and live with him forever, and ever, and ever......