We spent more time playing with trains.
And Griff got his first tooth! (Please ignore that dry, crusty booger.)
I got my bangs cut and so far I'm loving the change. I just love my handsome boys.
This is what our mornings typically look like. Beckett comes in and snuggles with us when he wakes up and Griff usually wakes up shortly thereafter.
One of the highlights of February for me was the Olympic party we hosted. It was seriously SO much fun! I love the Olympics and wanted to do something fun, besides just watch them. So, I came up with the idea to have everyone pick a country to represent at our party. It had to be a country that was participating in the Winter Olympics and it couldn't be the USA. We had everyone bring a food dish to share from their country plus they had to wear their country's colors and be ready to represent that country during our competition. I made this Olympic Rings fruit pizza. I was SO proud of it. Too bad it tasted gross. At least it looked good!
I also made our Olympic torch.
Here are the countries everyone chose to represent.
Sweden:
France:
Great Britain
Russia:
Austria:
Venezuela:
Brazil:
and Canada:
Here's the whole spread. So much good food!As for the events, we did a trivia game featuring questions about each country's Winter Olympic history. We did speed skating using paper plates for skates. We did curling with a push broom and paper plates. We did a Winter X-game where you had to put on a Winter coat, gloves, hat, boots and scarf and you had to eat 4 big marshmallows as quickly as possible. And the final event was the luge which would have more properly been named the skeleton. Oh well, next time! I hardly got any pictures of the actual events so hopefully those that were there took some pictures that I can copy.
Here I am doing the luge.
And the winners were, Canada (Tucker) gold, Brazil (Tagg) silver, and Austria (Tyson) bronze.
I wanted to get a picture of the medals I made, but I forgot. The gold medal was a Twix. The silver medal was a 3 Musketeers. And, the bronze medal was a Peanut Butter Snickers. I may have taken 2nd to last place, but it was still such a fun night.
I can't wait to do this every time the Olympics come around and I can't wait to see how it will evolve as our kids get older and can participate. Thanks to everyone who made it a fun night!





1 comment:
You did such a great job! And thank you for sharing all of your ideas, so that I could copy you! I TOTALLY copied your fruit pizza--such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment